What has CycleChat done for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thanks to cyclechat I now live in the shed with my bass guitars.

So your not-so-nearest, but doubtless still dearest can be thankful to CC too :okay:

Oooo and I thought of sumthing else, to be grateful for - it was after a convo on here that I was convinced to go tubeless.

So far no punctures, even after all the winter hedge cutting hereabouts, and chestnut season in Galicia :smile:

C R

Guru
I found CC when looking for info on how to fix up my old uni commuter bike back in 2016. I learnt lots, and the my ride today thread, and then the half century a month challenge pushed me from the occasional 10 mile ride to making every weekend ride a 50k+ ride.

Thanks everyone.

jembullo

• Nearly six years of great practical advice and money saving tips.
  • Inspiration to try out routes away from home. Exactly what I needed to stretch my horizons. "Your Ride Today" is my favourite thread.
  • Found my cycling club through this forum - 168 club rides ago.
  • The Metric Century a Month Challenge. Once I started I just couldn't stop. I recommend everyone gives one of the monthly challenges a go.
  • A great bunch of people both online and in person. A pleasure to meet and ride with several members over the years - with special mention to @jembullo and @Banjo my occasional audax companions.
  • Thank you Cyclechat.
Donger, its been a pleasure mate. Next year I promise to get out more with you and do some Audax riding. Can't believe I've done 2 x Jogle since we met !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've lost count, but I reckon that I have ridden with about 200 of you lot over the years! Almost without exception you have been a pleasure to cycle along with.

I've been encouraged to plan some interesting and challenging routes for my forum rides, and I have done quite a few rides organised by other members too.

I'm 64 soon but intend to carry on until I am at least in my 80s so (hopefully!) there are plenty more good rides to come. You'd be welcome to join me for some of them...:hello:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Met a right bunch of weirdos since joining but what a cracking bunch you all are ! I have been on numerous group rides with @ColinJ and @I like Skol and enjoyed every mile in our quest for cake.
It also introduced me to the seedy world of Audax and now I am a member of that organisation hunting out obscure rides with even more total strangers 😆
Long may it last, great forum with equally great bunch of people

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The best three weeks of my life (I won't say any more, those who know know why)…

Apart from that, lots of friends, lots of fun. Fun even in rain and headwind. A large quantity of lycra. More fitness, probably…More time spent in pubs than is usual for the teetotal. Four bikes I didn't have a decade ago. Rather a lot of cake, but then I need the calories. European touring and an addiction to carbonnade flamande. And eight (so far) consecutive years of century rides.

johnnyb47

Guru
Cycle Chat has to be one of the best forums out there. With such a diversity of people here, it makes for such an interesting read every time.
Whether your touring, racing or commuting, there's always a great read somewhere and that's all thanks to the great members and moderators.
As well as the endless subjects, it's brilliant to read the different views on them. Drago,s sense of humour has me in stitches with laughter, whilst i find it fascinating to read Yellow saddle technical explanations of bike mechanics (even if i don't fully understand because I'm a little slow)
All the different characters here have really given me that unique opportunity to see cycling from all different angles and continue to enjoy and explore it.
So for me, Cycle Chat has helped me see cycling in not a stereo typical way, but as an amazing thing that can be enjoyed by fast or slower riders and the fact it can be done on what ever budget you have

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Oh, and SkipdiverJohn's retrogrouching is always good for a smile (not intended as remotely derogatory as I agree with 90% of what he says myself)

Guilty as charged! :laugh: I discovered the Retrogrouch cycling blog website fairly recently, and I'm afraid I have to confess to agreeing with much of what is said on there, and have pretty similar opinions about what is proper bike design - and what isn't. If that makes me a grumpy old dinosaur, then so be it.

Top Bottom