What has CycleChat done for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
A point to Sheffield there :okay:

I wonder what the reaction would be if a bunch of bf'ing mothers, turned up at one of these places, and got their hooters out for snack time.
Interestingly there was also recently some fuss regarding a city centre strip club, with a feminist group trying to get its licence revoked, claiming exploitative work practices. The strippers responded, saying that they were also feminists and were perfectly able to speak up for themselves, thank you very much. So at least two sides to that coin, probably more.

The yummy mummies are mainly to be found in Costa I think, although I am pleased to note that my wife has never had any issues when feeding our two out and about.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Interestingly there was also recently some fuss regarding a city centre strip club, with a feminist group trying to get its licence revoked, claiming exploitative work practices. The strippers responded, saying that they were also feminists and were perfectly able to speak up for themselves, thank you very much. So at least two sides to that coin, probably more.

The yummy mummies are mainly to be found in Costa I think, although I am pleased to note that my wife has never had any issues when feeding our two out and about.

Oh for sure, it's not that straightforward, it's about who is in control of their own autonomy.

Not undressed bodies per se.

I fed both my two, for three years apiece anywhere and everywhere -

- that made general travel, camping, hiking and biking trips much easier.

I don't think I ever encountered a problem, there were occasional remarks, people 'looking' or expressions of interest, but no one ever told me I shouldn't be doing it.

A certain glint in the eye helped, perhaps??

I remember an edict from our dear Bozza one time, suggesting that women shouldn't b'feed 'ostentatiously' in public. :rolleyes:

Brought to mind delicious images of marching bands, and massed majorettes to accompany the event :rolleyes:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Oh for sure, it's not that straightforward, it's about who is in control of their own autonomy.

Not undressed bodies per se.

I fed both my two, for three years apiece anywhere and everywhere -

- that made general travel, camping, hiking and biking trips much easier.

I don't think I ever encountered a problem, there were occasional remarks, people 'looking' or expressions of interest, but no one ever told me I shouldn't be doing it.

A certain glint in the eye helped, perhaps??

I remember an edict from our dear Bozza one time, suggesting that women shouldn't b'feed 'ostentatiously' in public. :rolleyes:

Brought to mind delicious images of marching bands, and massed majorettes to accompany the event :rolleyes:
Marching bands? Presumably a brass section, playing... hooters?

The circle is complete.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pizza Express, Ask, Zizzi - the theme is "food vaguely like what you can get in Italy"

Nandos - the theme is "chicken"

Wetherspoons - the theme is "you can get drunk with your breakfast"

Most curry houses and Chinese restaurants - the theme is "are you kidding? Of course we don't eat this shoot at home."

Those are chains rather than themed restaurants, although I perhaps should have said 'heavily themed'.

The only example I can immediately bring to mind is School Dinners in Baker Street in London.

That did OK for a few years, but never really caught on.

I went once.

More or less everyone seemed to be having a good time, not that grown women dressed as schoolgirls and 'fun' with the cane and squirty cream did much for me.

Right , getting back on track.
I enjoy the banter and the laughs from fellow members.
I have used the forum to ask various questions at times from posting a parcel to the USA to sorting out my tablet. Every time someone has come up with useful info .
Like many members my collection of bikes has increased since being a member . It's sort of infectious! Whether I caught this from the forum I don't know !
Like many others I have met a couple of fellow members and found them to be friendly and very helpful .

Now back to the subject of Hooters! Jimmy Durante had a big one ! :ohmy:

1. Found out maintenance tips that I didn't know
2. Shops/services/companies to be wary of, or are deservant of custom
3. kindred spirits, with a liking for local history/geographical items of note
4. Some really terrible jokes, typed (& as pictures)
5. Routes/features that I didn't know about

Etc.....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Now back to the subject of Hooters! Jimmy Durante had a big one ! :ohmy:

Here's mine.. Not overly large, but wow is it loud.

As supplied by a fellow CC' er, not espied in this parish for some time.

It's currently attached to one of my old bikes, being used as a low-risk-of-theft commuter by my son.

Cable ties hold the world together round these parts

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My forum interests are pretty much Bikeforums and CycleChat. While the former is possibly more technical, and has a lot more input from folks in other parts of the world, it is a much more hardnosed forum with less patience for repeated questions and disagreements can get ugly. This forum, mostly UK people, give me a window into a culture very different than my own. I enjoy your humor and the obvious affection many of you have for each other. I also enjoy the differences in our shared language and sometimes have to google what these words mean to you. In a perhaps tasteless example, today I've run across the word hooter, which in this country does not mean a horn but rather a redneck way of referring to a lady's chest. I also find your willingness to discuss personal problems and the kindness and sympathy shown in those discussions to be touching. Much like my many bikes, I would have to say CycleChat has been good to me.
Couldn't agree more. BF has its' shortcomings.
1) Hardnosed.
2) Software.(VBulletin, very slow and contrary on some machines.)
It also has its' strong suits, Classic and Vintage, and "Clydesdale and Athena" forums are a bit more friendly. Sales threads are pretty good as well.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Pizza Express, Ask, Zizzi - the theme is "food vaguely like what you can get in Italy"

Nandos - the theme is "chicken"

Wetherspoons - the theme is "you can get drunk with your breakfast"

Most curry houses and Chinese restaurants - the theme is "are you kidding? Of course we don't eat this shoot at home."

CC does also make laugh, to the point of snorting, quite distractingly often.

I particularly like.

Wetherspoons - the theme is

"You can get drunk with your breakfast" ^_^

I mean, it is genius marketing.. Who isn't tempted to do just that, at least once a week??

Top Bottom