What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Yesterday, I picked up a second-hand bike for my daughter. She’s been riding a Halfords tank of a bike which was a little more than half her body weight. She struggled to get up hills and, because of the huge jump in ratio, she couldn’t change into first gear as she’s not strong enough to pull the cable far enough when shifting. I was not going to let her become disillusioned with cycling because of a crap bike! She’d tried another girl’s bike at Go Ride with Bolsover & District Cycle Club which fit her (although on tip toes when over the top tube), and cycling fantastically. Up until this point she’d been borrowing @steven1988 daughter’s Islabike Beinn 52 for the sessions which made an unbelievable difference in her performance. So, I got her a Frog 62 on advice from Steve and fellow parents. It’s very lightweight, has a trigger shift for the 8 gears and, most importantly for my daughter, it’s purple! It came with a spare set of tyres, two inner tubes, mudguards and even some touch up paint (which I want to use but am hesitant to do so - I don’t want to make a mess). I’ll research how to do a good job with the paint before trying :okay: My daughter is pleased as punch which makes all the difference. So far she’s only ridden it up and down the street while I’ve been adjusting brake and gear lever positions, etc. to suit her. As it’s a school INSET day tomorrow, I’ll take her out on it and give her plenty of opportunity to get used to it. I think I’m as excited to have her riding it as much as she is. ^_^

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Another Rock Bros bell for the bike I'm awaiting, and some 'carbon' frame protection stickers

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
It was the only one I new about ,not heard of British cycling
Fair enough! ^_^ I’m not a proponent of British Cycling, just wondered if there was any particular reason for joining Cycling UK

Ordered a new tool bottle thing to replace the zipped one that I previously had (the zip buggered on it 5 minutes before todays ride !!)

The new one matches the Dog too :okay:

art850n1.jpg

Elysian_Roads

Park Tool stool to use whilst working on the bike. Fathers Day gift so technically not a purchase I guess, although same bank account. :smile:
Didn't realise they did a stool, so had to Google. They do at least two! Either would be a nice workshop addition but the one with wheels was my favourite.

Top Bottom