What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Where did you get the syringe from, is it genuine sram or a compatible copy? How much? I'm gonna need one at some point.
I ordererd a genuine one from bikeinn im germany on 14th may that as of yet hasnt arrived

But wiggle have the bleeding edge syringe on their site, it was £11........but ill remove the edge adaptor and put it on the genuine sram syringe as it looks a lot stronger and more upto the job

nickAKA

Über Member
After doing that thing where you buy the cheaper option thinking "that'll do" I've relented, as usual, and ordered an elemnt bolt to replace my Lezyne macro GPS. It was one of the last generation versions that didn't do ANT+, nothing wrong with it per se (it's been pretty decent tbh, I quite like the setup & app and connection to the lezyne sensors is flawless) but I'm sick to death of swapping bits between bikes when I need the battery life of the lezyne when the garmin won't cut it.
Expect to see the lezyne on the classifieds very soon...

JhnBssll

Veteran
A Di2 junction box, the bar end plug style jobby EW-RS910. It won't fit my current bars due to the internal wiring needed (some people have drilled them but I don't like the idea of that!) so at some point in the next 6 months or so I'll be ordering some new ones as well as all the other bits and pieces needed, but I couldn't stand the thought of dangling a junction box under my stem and this sems like the neatest solution :laugh: The current deda superzero carbon bars will move across to the Roubaix with the Ultegra bits.

the stupid one

Über Member
Ordered a pair of MKS Lambda pedals while they are on offer at Wiggle (~£28, limited stock). These are for the Ridgeback mongrel bike, which I picked up from the LBS earlier today with new bottom bracket/triple rings/cranks.

bpsmith

Veteran
Park Tool Saw
Park Tool Carbon Blade
Park Tool Oversized Adjustable Saw Guide

I wonder what I am up to? :smile:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I cheaped out when I did it and bought an x-tools saw guide and park tools carbon blade - I was thrilled when I discovered the blade was wider than the slot in the guide :rolleyes::laugh:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Panasonic CR2032 batteries for the cycle computer.
3 Elite shiny silver bottle cages....the third will go on next year when I 'hopefully' take the bike touring to Wales.
Sunrace 9 spd triple downtube shifters.
Dia-compe 287V brake levers with brown hoods......mmmmmm yummy.

That's me broke for the week now. We'll be living on bread and water I think.

bpsmith

Veteran
I cheaped out when I did it and bought an x-tools saw guide and park tools carbon blade - I was thrilled when I discovered the blade was wider than the slot in the guide :rolleyes::laugh:
I’ve just been looking at the differences in the 3 different Park guides. One of alloy, one for carbon blades, and the one I got which has both and can do aero seatpost a too. Tempted to do the post on my Noah SL, but steerer’s are my motivation.

Already fed up of the lump of excess steerer and associated spacers on my new Helium SL. Necessary evil whilst getting used to the bike though.

Fighting the desire for a Stealth Flanders style Kapz steerer cap too.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Fitted the GP4000s that arrived yesterday as a bundle with tubes. Out of curiosity I weighed them against the Vittorias that came with the Bianchi and there's a saving in weight of about 60g, mostly in the tyres. Then I fitted the new Fizik saddle from eBay which arrived this morning. That's another 100g saved! GP4000s feel like stickier rubber too so looking forward to giving them a blast in the morning. Hope the saddle is a bit comfier than the San Marco it's replacing.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Which San Marco is it? My XR3 is coming with a San Marco concor start-up, I think it's the same as the one on the Aria but I didn't really have it long enough to decide if it was comfy or not :laugh:

Top Bottom