What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bit more done on the X-Trail,rear hose routed through frame and connected,just needs bleeding.

Also stem flipped down and bars dropped a tad.

IMG_2152.jpg
IMG_2155.jpg
IMG_2148.jpg

Had to be some Hope stickers :whistle::biggrin:

IMG_2146.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Very nice @Elybazza61!

Can’t see either of us buy anything other than a Ridley anymore. :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Full disc brake set for the Cube as the rear has a leak somewhere in the system and the pads & disk have got contaiminated for the second time.
Bowlox - just checked the Cube and it's on center lock discs and this set comes with 6 bolt discs. Another £7 spent on the correct disc.

It still leaves a complete front brake set up as a spare and I've got other bikes the 6 bolt discs could be used on in the future so all is not lost.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Rack and bag arrived this morning so I fitted it to the commuter over lunch :okay: I need to look through my spares cupboard for some brackets to relocate the 3 back lights as they're all obscured now.

20180523_125606.jpg
20180523_125942.jpg

My 6 bolt IS to centrelock adapters also arrived so I popped them on the hope discs, they fit very nicely :okay:

20180523_131723~2.jpg

Unfortunately I made an error in timing... whilst I was putting the bins out I missed the APC delivery man with my calipers :banghead: I'll have to pop to the depot later and collect them :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
You could always test fit them and the discs to the Charge just to see how they look...

This had crossed my mind :laugh: Unfortunately both the Charge and the Roubaix are post mount so I can't test fit them to either, I shall just have to be patient :sad: This also means my plan of shifting the Ultegra calipers down to the Roubaix when I go to Di2 on the Oltre needs a rethink as they won't fit :rolleyes: Anyone need any brand new flatmount ultegra R8070 disc calipers and icetech centrelock rotors as I'll have some spare in a month or so. Genuine question, I probably don't need them, let me know...

In the meantime I couldn't resist putting the bits together in the garage...

20180523_200517.jpg

the stupid one

Über Member
I ordered a Bioflex onGel Ozone Sport saddle. Lovely big cut-out. I'm still sitting on two cushions after yesterday's fifty miler, so it's time for another change.

the stupid one

Über Member
Oh dear. Having bought the Triban 500 I have naturally decided that it's no good having to transfer stuff from bike to bike so I've ordered another seat bag, another cycling computer (only a £20 job from Decathlon, but I'm sure it'll be great) and another set of mudguards. Bought a third pump from Aldi, too. Suitable inner tubes ordered, of course. New socks, also from Aldi, but mainly because my wife gets terribly wound-up by silly bright socks. Oh, new shorts on the way.

And when the new saddle arrives (see above) I will have to decide which bike needs it most. The tyranny of choice strikes again.

mgs315

Sod it. Took the plunge and bought a 4iiii left only power meter (170mm Ultegra R8000 if you must know).

Arrived today. All fitted and set up with the Garmin. Alas I’ve no time in the next two days to go try it out! Sunday club ride it is then. Got to figure out a good time and route to go do an FTP Test now before embarking on a few training courses to try take the next step..

Top Bottom