What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Not an MTB but an X-Trail Adventure;drop bar adventure bike that can take 650b and 700c wheels and large tyres (that's a 650b x 2.1 Schwalbe G-One Bite in the frame with plenty of clearance).
Ah right. I did the obvious thing and linked the ultra wide tyres to it being MTB in nature. Looking forward to seeing it built.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Update re Carbon Bottle Cages ordered from Aliexpress (China) last weekend - free P+P - delivered TODAY - gobsmacked.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've done a fair bit of perusing old Bianchi's and reading up about bits and pieces recently due to the problems I've had with mine. Now I've got the new one ordered within budget I realised I had a couple of quid left over so I've done something a bit marmite...

I saw this Pantani Bianchi replica:

frame pic.jpg

I really like the contrast between the orange and the celeste. With the XR3 Disc on it's way I decided I'd like to personalise it a little. Don't worry, I haven't ordered any orange spray paint, but I have ordered a few orange highlights...

prod_83026.jpg

43837.jpg

680_2_Supersize.jpg

I was going to order them in black originally but have decided to be brave and step out of my comfort zone - it's my 'special' bike afterall so a bit of bling should be excusable :blush: I think it should look pretty nice against the mainly black frame and celeste highlights but worst case scenario I end up fitting them to the Roubaix and swapping the black Hope bits I've got on there over to the Oltre :laugh:

354e07bc-64c1-4d0b-ab46-4d991bda7d53.png

Serge

Über Member
I've done a fair bit of perusing old Bianchi's and reading up about bits and pieces recently due to the problems I've had with mine. Now I've got the new one ordered within budget I realised I had a couple of quid left over so I've done something a bit marmite...

I saw this Pantani Bianchi replica:

View attachment 410015

I really like the contrast between the orange and the celeste. With the XR3 Disc on it's way I decided I'd like to personalise it a little. Don't worry, I haven't ordered any orange spray paint, but I have ordered a few orange highlights...

View attachment 410016

View attachment 410017

View attachment 410018
I was going to order them in black originally but have decided to be brave and step out of my comfort zone - it's my 'special' bike afterall so a bit of bling should be excusable :blush: I think it should look pretty nice against the mainly black frame and celeste highlights but worst case scenario I end up fitting them to the Roubaix and swapping the black Hope bits I've got on there over to the Oltre :laugh:

View attachment 410020
That, in my humble opinion, is going to look smegging fantastic.

Last edited:
Selle SMP TRK saddle for the CAAD.

I'm past caring what things looks like and just want to increase my mileage, and the Fizik was a torture device for me and pegging me back.

Increased mileage on today's tide, a few tweaks needed in the morning then aiming to repeat or improve again tomorrow.

Ah right. I did the obvious thing and linked the ultra wide tyres to it being MTB in nature. Looking forward to seeing it built.

Might be a while now as the front Hope caliper doesn't fit properly on the Lauf forks :sad: ;so a call to Hope tomorrow to see if they have come across it before and if they have a solution, worse case scenario is using the SRAM caliper that was on already.

Oh and some idiot ordered the wrong front hub:whistle: so will also need some 25mm thru-axle adaptors:rolleyes:;and I'll need 12mm adaptors for the 700c Halo rear hub as it's currently standard QR.

Good news is Hope bb is in and Miche cranks fitted plus Lauf forks and Genetic stem are on as well as Hope seatpost and clamp.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Might be a while now as the front Hope caliper doesn't fit properly on the Lauf forks :sad: ;so a call to Hope tomorrow to see if they have come across it before and if they have a solution, worse case scenario is using the SRAM caliper that was on already.

Oh and some idiot ordered the wrong front hub:whistle: so will also need some 25mm thru-axle adaptors:rolleyes:;and I'll need 12mm adaptors for the 700c Halo rear hub as it's currently standard QR.

Good news is Hope bb is in and Miche cranks fitted plus Lauf forks and Genetic stem are on as well as Hope seatpost and clamp.

Which Hope caliper is it you're having problems with? I've just ordered a pair of the flat mount RX4-SH and will be fitting them in a month or two when the bike arrives so I'd be interested to hear how you get on :okay:

Top Bottom