What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Didn't realise they did a stool, so had to Google. They do at least two! Either would be a nice workshop addition but the one with wheels was my favourite.
Yup. Stool with wheels for me. Very nice in fairness.

A39E8494-E7F9-4B0F-A0ED-DE0ADC47767F.jpeg

GuyBoden

Guru
9 speed cassette.
9 Speed Chain.
9 speed Deore rear Derailleur.
2 bottle cages.
Disc Pads.
Hydraulic oil.

An Elemnt, just to see what all the fuss is about, check routes and tbt, for our forthcoming venture into northern France.
Looks interesting, and helpful, I just have to get it on the bars, and ride on Friday to work

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Are they worth the money or for going for something else?

I was going by reviews when I made my purchase. Haven't gone out for a ride in them yet but they feel pretty comfortable as soon as I have them on..

They are only £47 mind you. People seem to be happy paying upto £80 if not over £100 for bib shorts.

Last edited:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I bought this a few days ago, it arrived yesterday and I took it for a test ride on the Diverge today. SO SO impressed with it. Considering it costs like £8.00 and comes with Chinese instructions - it is sturdy, looks smart, user friendly, and didn't intrude too much onto my handlebar space. The handlebar holder is a hinged plastic, but strong and the the main holder is coated metal....

WELL worth the money - May order another for the Allez Sport.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-MTB-Bike-Bicycle-Handlebar-Mount-Mobile-Phone-Holder-GPS-iPhone-X-UK/183159900720?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T&var=690436520898&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 40

steven1988

Veteran
Yesterday, I picked up a second-hand bike for my daughter. She’s been riding a Halfords tank of a bike which was a little more than half her body weight. She struggled to get up hills and, because of the huge jump in ratio, she couldn’t change into first gear as she’s not strong enough to pull the cable far enough when shifting. I was not going to let her become disillusioned with cycling because of a crap bike! She’d tried another girl’s bike at Go Ride with Bolsover & District Cycle Club which fit her (although on tip toes when over the top tube), and cycling fantastically. Up until this point she’d been borrowing @steven1988 daughter’s Islabike Beinn 52 for the sessions which made an unbelievable difference in her performance. So, I got her a Frog 62 on advice from Steve and fellow parents. It’s very lightweight, has a trigger shift for the 8 gears and, most importantly for my daughter, it’s purple! It came with a spare set of tyres, two inner tubes, mudguards and even some touch up paint (which I want to use but am hesitant to do so - I don’t want to make a mess). I’ll research how to do a good job with the paint before trying :okay: My daughter is pleased as punch which makes all the difference. So far she’s only ridden it up and down the street while I’ve been adjusting brake and gear lever positions, etc. to suit her. As it’s a school INSET day tomorrow, I’ll take her out on it and give her plenty of opportunity to get used to it. I think I’m as excited to have her riding it as much as she is. ^_^

Hope you got pics From Monday can't wait to see it at Go Ride

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Two lock washers for the X-RD3 hub which SA used to fit to older models but apparently no longer do. Now I just need to keep them safe until the hub's annual service!

SJS 15 litre rear single pannier for £4 (I was ordering other bits anyway, so the delivery didn't matter). Not massively convinced by steel hooks which may wear the paint off the rack and the anti-sway hook is better looped around the stay and hooked onto the bag - rather than the intended other way round - but at that price I don't really mind if I have to remove the steel hooks and bolt on the QL2 handles removed from the torn pannier.

More C-Cure small patches. I seem to repair far more thorn prick punctures than anything else. And more rubber solution.

Fair enough! ^_^ I’m not a proponent of British Cycling, just wondered if there was any particular reason for joining Cycling UK
My main reason for hating BC is in https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/british-cycling-or-cycling-uk-or-doesnt-it-really-matter.221544/ but there's much else.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I bought this a few days ago, it arrived yesterday and I took it for a test ride on the Diverge today. SO SO impressed with it. Considering it costs like £8.00 and comes with Chinese instructions - it is sturdy, looks smart, user friendly, and didn't intrude too much onto my handlebar space. The handlebar holder is a hinged plastic, but strong and the the main holder is coated metal....

WELL worth the money - May order another for the Allez Sport.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-MTB-Bike-Bicycle-Handlebar-Mount-Mobile-Phone-Holder-GPS-iPhone-X-UK/183159900720?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T&var=690436520898&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bought one of these a few years ago and use it for long rides. Cheap and cheerful

the stupid one

Über Member
Also Zefal Croozer/Swan mudguards for the Triban.

Pictures please. Of the mudguards on the Triban though, not of any clipped in related injuries...

@Elysian_Roads

5lkQVKW.jpg

I think they look unobtrusive at worst. The elastic holding the Croozer in place is touching the cables because of the rectangular cross-section of the tube, but not really deflecting them. I hope that won't be a problem.

Elysian_Roads

@Elysian_Roads

View attachment 415382

I think they look unobtrusive at worst. The elastic holding the Croozer in place is touching the cables because of the rectangular cross-section of the tube, but not really deflecting them. I hope that won't be a problem.
Thanks @the stupid one.

My Triban is the designated "winter" bike because it was cheap. It's not necessarily the most effective solution for the job, especially when it comes to fitting mudguards. Hadn't considered your solution before, but it's definitely food for thought.

Cheers.

Top Bottom