What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
received_1966371983376003.jpeg Not exactly for the bike...more for the Grandsons

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
After my little faux pas yesterday and not tightening my saddle and not carrying a multi tool - I finally have bought a saddle bag - which can be changed between the two bikes.

I do not like really wearing a waist bag just to transport a multi-tool.....so this seems the most logical step! Small compact...will fit my multi-tool, bank card, house keys....BOOM :wahhey:

It is a perfect size, decent quality, good reviews....should be here before Sunday's Audax hopefully.

1112-11992_1_Large.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
After my little faux pas yesterday and not tightening my saddle and not carrying a multi tool - I finally have bought a saddle bag - which can be changed between the two bikes.

I do not like really wearing a waist bag just to transport a multi-tool.....so this seems the most logical step! Small compact...will fit my multi-tool, bank card, house keys....BOOM :wahhey:

It is a perfect size, decent quality, good reviews....should be here before Sunday's Audax hopefully.

View attachment 416835
Not big enough for an Audax set-up, get a Carradice,

002.JPG

:becool:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Dura Ace R9150 Di2 rear mech arrived today, it's incredibly light and looks very well made :okay: Hopefully I'll have some money for the front mech soon :laugh: Still to go are:

Dura Ace R9150 Di2 Front Mech
Junction Box A
Battery
WiFi module
etube wires x6
charger

bpsmith

Veteran
Dura Ace R9150 Di2 rear mech arrived today, it's incredibly light and looks very well made :okay: Hopefully I'll have some money for the front mech soon :laugh: Still to go are:

Dura Ace R9150 Di2 Front Mech
Junction Box A
Battery
WiFi module
etube wires x6
charger

I was tweaking my brothers new Dura Ace setup on his Emonda RSL last week. Was amazed how smooth the shifters were and how different they felt to Ultegra. Proper wanted to upgrade the groupset, despite being only 600 miles in on my Ultegra. Lol

JhnBssll

Veteran
I was tweaking my brothers new Dura Ace setup on his Emonda RSL last week. Was amazed how smooth the shifters were and how different they felt to Ultegra. Proper wanted to upgrade the groupset, despite being only 600 miles in on my Ultegra. Lol

I've never used Dura Ace, I was very close to ordering Ultegra Di2 but thought I'd regret not waiting in the long run :smile: I still can't decide what to do about the chainset as I'll be cascading the groupsets down across 3 bikes. I could get a cheap chainset to go on my commuter or a Dura Ace for the Bianchi :wacko: I know which I'd rather but it's another chunk of cash to save :laugh:

2 wipperman 10sp links, as when I cleaned my chain, the link wasn’t a 10 sp one, which explains why I had an occasional click sometimes! I carry a link tool with me, just because I have one, but I’m going to try the Wipperman link because it appears to be a tool free removal with them.
The trip to France is going to need some tools, but I’d rather limit what I take.
I know you can remove the KMC quick link with wire, but I haven’t been that successful in the past.
I will be taking my torque wrench, as I have yet to be totally sure I correctly tighten these new pitlock s, if I ever need to take wheels off.
BTW, pitstoppers app ar o be a great way to prevent a chance theft of parts, although an expense, I think it’s worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom