What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bits and pieces:
  • 10 stainless gear cables as I'm going through a set which are snapping almost first use.
  • A few helmet spares.
  • Blackburn airstick
  • And a pair of s/hand Prolite Rome wheels, with the front hopefully doubling up for track and road use

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not for the bike, but for use on the bike:

IMG_20181024_180054801NW.jpg

I'm just concerned that the choice of colour might be a bit too subtle...:scratch:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not for the bike, but for use on the bike:

View attachment 435298
I'm just concerned that the choice of colour might be a bit too subtle...:scratch:

After buying the shoes, I ordered a set of Shimano SPD-SL cleats on click n collect from Halfords along with a couple of 800ml SIS bottles.
The cleats were ready, the bottles not - apparently they were showing as in stock but the shelf was bare...
I declined an offer to take either High5 bottles or to order some in and took small comfort from the fact the lad on the till couldn't work out the BC 10% off and actually gave me a 14.2% discount.

Ordered two SIS bottles from Amazon to be delivered tomorrow when I got home - and they were over £2 cheaper.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Two pairs of SPD-SL cleats from a charity shop in Hereford, 50p a pair.

Cleats.JPG

I think these are the same ones that were being sold by Poundworld for £3 before it disappeared. Not everyone's taste I know. They'll work with at least one of my pairs of pedals but they might not last that long.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Two pairs of SPD-SL cleats from a charity shop in Hereford, 50p a pair.

View attachment 435423

I think these are the same ones that were being sold by Poundworld for £3 before it disappeared. Not everyone's taste I know. They'll work with at least one of my pairs of pedals but they might not last that long.

You were robbed! :laugh:

I got 20 pairs for a quid just before poundworld closed down.The fit is a bit variable, so good luck. ^_^

C R

Guru
Overshoes from Aldi. They only had medium left, so a bit tight on my shoes, but they do fit. Let's see if they help keep my feet warm tomorrow.

Top Bottom