What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A lovely Giant Bowery 72 fixed/single speed which I bought last week via eBay.

Today a Miche 18t sprocket and a black Charge Spoon saddle for my new fixie and 2 tubes of 1/2 price SIS hydration tablets all from Wiggle.
Also picked up my new Lezyne 1100xl loaded front light from the Post office as I’d missed delivery. This is really bright on full power and will need to be angled down, fantastic light for £55 from Pro Bike Kit.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My 14yo has grown. Too much. So as a surprise his current 48cm Cervelo S3 frameset's being swapped with the 54cm version I collected today:

45011654_1019707501541796_1684861609467445248_n.jpg

Offically Dad has invented 'carbon expansion' :becool:

Unoffically it means I get to keep my NeilPryde Nazaré ^_^ . Oh, and I've got a half-built Boardman AirPro left over :blink:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Technically, yesterday's purchase..
3 spokes, of the correct length, as the one I bought on Monday was the wrong length. Now fitted, and a couple of spares on the shelf ready for next 'spap/ting'

I think I'm going to have to invest in a new rear tyre for the CGR
I only noticed on the off-chance this afternoon, when I got home

(Schwalbe Durano '28')

DSCF7175.JPG

Maybe riding back along the river-bank, & through NewLands Woods a few times recently, haven't helped it, as there's quite a few semi-buried stones/bricks from past colliery associated endeavours down there, & the remnants of a 'Country House'

To all intents, & purposes, I (the route goes) ride through -what was- the main door of the house, with the ruined stable-block to the left
My return is heading towards the camera
https://www.stanleyhistoryonline.com/Newland-Estate.html

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Technically, yesterday's purchase..
3 spokes, of the correct length, as the one I bought on Monday was the wrong length. Now fitted, and a couple of spares on the shelf ready for next 'spap/ting'

You know its going to be on a different bike now don't you?

I think I'm going to have to invest in a new rear tyre for the CGR
I only noticed on the off-chance this afternoon, when I got home

(Schwalbe Durano '28')

I tried the local 'Go Outdoors' (old 'Mitchells Camping' at Horbury Bridge) as they had some Duranos in stock, when I was there earlier in the week with the father-in-law (& didn't close till 20:00)
They had '23' & '25' in stock, but no '28'

Halfords had some Luganos, but again '25'

None at Ribble, or Wiggle
Thus Chain Reaction, delivery tomorrow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom