What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dbt

A new chain, I was gonna fit it this afternoon but had a nana nap instead. Guess that’s tomorrow’s job

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bits over the past few days:

- A pair of inline barrel adjusters, from here
- A Lezyne 600XL front light, from here
- Ultegra 6800 front derailleur (BeOne's is dented) and Powergel Shots, from Wiggle
- 4 front wheels from eBay locally for £11.50
- front USB light, eBay
- A left SPD-SL 105 pedal only (broke it!), again eBay
- Rotor 3D 52/36 chainrings, eBay for my 14yo
- SRAM 52/36 chainrings, eBay for my 14yo
- Ultegra 52/36 chainrings, eBay for my 14yo (notice a pattern ...)
- Stronglight 52 chainring, eBay for ... me!
- A pair of flat bar 7 speed shifters for the Raleigh Pioneer. It's getting an upgrade. From wonky gripshifts to trigger shifters, with new cables for the first time since 1996.
- Rapha long-sleeved jerseys x 2, for my 14yo, again eBay. Rapha's imperfect stock appears to be sent here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/treasure4u-2sell?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
- 9 Shimano stainless gear wires and some no-cage Elite bottle cage strips, Halfords
- A Uvex kit bag for ... guess who broke his race kit bag?

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I decided not to wait for next year to get the bits for my Pickenflick flat bar buid, so my credit card took a bit of a beating last week and the postie suffered this week...
From Tredz - Giant grips, bar ends and a set of tyre levers (to get the £5 discount)
Tredz.JPG
From Superstar Components - Nano-x EVO pedals
Superstar.JPG
From Planet X - On-One flat bar, steerer bung, cable guide, multi-tool & bottle cage
Planet X.JPG
From Tweeks - SRAM Level T brakes
Tweeks.JPG
From Chain Reaction Cycles - Brand X carbon seatpost, Cane Creek upper & lower headset pieces, GXP bottom bracket & Nukeproof seatclamp
CRC.JPG
From Wiggle - SRAM rival crankset, SRAM SL-700 trigger shifter set, SRAM Rival front derailleur & Charge Spoon saddle
Wiggle.JPG
I also picked up a pair of last years Mavic Aksium disc wheels from Evans in mid October
Evans.JPG
That just leaves the rear derailleur (SRAM Rival) and tyres (GP4000 or 4 Seasons) to get from Halfords when BT finally sort out my accout and send the rewards card, as I already have everything else needed (spares picked up for other bikeswhen the price was right!).

Will Spin

Über Member
New wheels...hand built, Mavic rims, Hope hubs!

A skull cap,hoping this will be better than a buff.

A new front Bright light that uses a usb phone charger to charge, built in battery.

I must be a real pussy ‘cos I dress like a ninja wearing both a buff and a skull cap on my 13 mile morning commute through the winter. :ph34r:

I also have a pair of handlebar muffs fitted, which are actually awesome and enable me to wear fingerless mitts through the winter.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I must be a real pussy ‘cos I dress like a ninja wearing both a buff and a skull cap on my 13 mile morning commute through the winter. :ph34r:

I also have a pair of handlebar muffs fitted, which are actually awesome and enable me to wear fingerless mitts through the winter.
I love those. Of course, in the States, I already am below freezing most of the days, and have snow on the ground. Again.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Most of the bits to upgrade to Ultegra Di2 on the Roubaix ^_^ Still got to order the battery, battery holder and etube wires, I'll measure up for them shortly and get them ordered this evening :okay:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
  • Two NOS Rigida 26" x 1 1/4" wheels; front and a Sturmey Archer rear, collected this evening - eBay
  • Five Continental Tour 28 28/37 tubes as we've run out - Chain Reaction
  • A KMC 8 speed chain for the Claud Butler I'm working on - Chain Reaction
  • A Velo Orange 68x122.5 bottom bracket - eBay
  • A Shimano 8 speed chain for the Eastway - Halfords

And this; a 2002-ish Olmo Rigel with 9 speed Campagnolo Mirage. All working with Ambrosio Excursion rims:

OLMO1.jpg

Paintwork and bits OK, horrid (new) bar tape and slightly damaged rear saddle. Just needs a new chain and a think about the bar tape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom