What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Likewise, mine arrived today (Ebay) in a natty looking brown. Just sent off for matching bar tape :becool:
I’ve gone for the black and Chromo with white logo as it’ll match the bike. ^_^

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Two Marathon 70 x 28 tyres (well purchased yesterday) and was very impressed with todays ride on them :okay:

May have snapped up a set of di2 hydro shifters and post mount calipers from Merlin and some various bits from SJS(dynamo and hydraulic bits);Robinson will get another :whistle::rolleyes: re-vamp after winter.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just read an email from my cousin telling me that Santa has something for me, bought in a Black Friday sale! Santa is going to be too busy to deliver it to me at Christmas so it will be with me in the next day or two - Ooh! :hyper:

I have absolutely no idea what it is. It could just be something mundane like a puncture repair kit. It obviously will not be a £10,000 racing bike - my cousin is not rich! I am intrigued ... :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a whole bike than a single part :wacko: - cue a £4.71 BSO for the need of a single front wheel, although the back's useful as well plus shifters, etc. as they match both the Raleigh Pioneer and GT Outpost Trail I have:

s-l1600.jpg

Oddly enough everything on it worked, albeit stiff/lumpy. But it needed a new bottom bracket, headset bearings, new chain, bar grips, saddle - and the cranks had rusted on. So the bike's been stripped for parts - I've got a 3x7 21 speed shifters, brakes and derailleurs plus a pair of wheels. Spares box for both bikes now filled :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just read an email from my cousin telling me that Santa has something for me, bought in a Black Friday sale! Santa is going to be too busy to deliver it to me at Christmas so it will be with me in the next day or two - Ooh! :hyper:

I have absolutely no idea what it is. It could just be something mundane like a puncture repair kit. It obviously will not be a £10,000 racing bike - my cousin is not rich! I am intrigued ... :whistle:
Knock at the door ... Wow! :smile:

Park Tool bike stand.jpg

I know what has prompted this. My cousin comes down with his bike for the Tour de Yorkshire sportive every year. Last year he had to fix his bike and used my decrepit old bike stand, which is held together with magnets, elastic bands and bungee cords. His bike almost fell off a couple of times, and he was not impressed!

I have had to grab my bike to stop it falling off the old stand too.

Time to email my thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom