What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
An expensive day: bought this 2013/4 Argon so my 14yo and myself both have TT bikes. This is for him so I can get my Principia back:

Argon-18_E-116.jpg

Needs a bit of work, probably a service and a couple of other bits doing. We don't need the wheels so they'll be going on sale to help cover the cost.

Once tidied up it'll get the rear disc and deep section from the Principia and prepped for TT use. Principia'll get a different wheelset (tri-spoke).

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm giving the bike a full strip and rebuild in a couple weeks for its one year birthday soooooo I splashed out a bit in preparation.
On order are brake & gear cables in white, a new headset in silver, new stem and handlebar in silver and some proper leather bar tape in honey to match my saddle.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
All stripped down now and no nasty surprises other than bent forks (which will be replaced). The alloy mudguards were bent up but were soon straightened out. verything else looks ok, so its now time to give it a good clean and replace bb bearings - its a little but 'crunchy' at the moment. I may actually change it for the one I took off the Claud Butler I bought recently.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
£15 nice one never seem find them.

Loads of cheap stuff out there if you keep your eyes open and don't get suckered in to bidding wars. I've currently got a £4 donor MTB with decent 26" alloy wheels to collect for breaking. Also got my eye on a full 531 job that's poorly described.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Lidl have got some half decent bargain tools on offer ATM. I passed up the opportunity to get a full-size 9" angle grinder for £35 (as those big ones can have a vicious kick to them) but got some sockets and a pair of German, not Chinese, bolt cutters for £7.99 apiece. Also got an assortment box of jubilee clips for £2.99, as I need to secure a bottle cage to a frame with no bosses brazed into it. And I only actually went in there for a few items of food shopping, and still managed to forget to get some of those! There were a load of other blokes in the shop with a basket full of DIY & garden tools - but hardly any food!:laugh:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I passed up the opportunity to get a full-size 9" angle grinder for £35 (as those big ones can have a vicious kick to them) but got some sockets and a pair of German, not Chinese, bolt cutters for £7.99 apiece.
Are you actually a bike thief as you never reveal your occupation ? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 89407

A bike frame bag, a new helmet and a couple of presta valve inner tubes. Still need to get mudguards,new pedals and some new footwear but that's another purchase. The cost just keeps rising!

contadino

Veteran
Quad lock & universal phone bit thingy.

Nearly pulled the trigger on a rixen and kaul klickfit bracket but thought I'd wait until the bike arrives to check the handlebar diameter.

Sustrans Lon Cambria map

Top Bottom