What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxford Dave

I bought a decent D lock for my bike today, as I had realised I couldn't stop anywhere and leave it without one! Meant a satisfying 31 mile ride, so it was a good day. Used the new lock to secure the bike outside a pub on the way home, and it obviously worked as nobody stole my bike.

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I bought a decent D lock for my bike today, as I had realised I couldn't stop anywhere and leave it without one! Meant a satisfying 31 mile ride, so it was a good day. Used the new lock to secure the bike outside a pub on the way home, and it obviously worked as nobody stole my bike.
Did it come with a cable to secure your wheels?

-lock-with-4-foot-kryptoflex-cable-EV165864-9999-1.jpg

Oxford Dave

No cable, just a D lock, hopefully that'll be enough. I don't plan on leaving it anywhere too risky, today it was outside a country pub on a very quiet road - and I know most of the people round the village anyway.
If I have to go into Oxford and leave the bike, I'll take my hybrid, not worth a lot and hopefully not worth stealing. Obviously, it'd be locked up anyway.

rivers

How far can I go?
Went to the local bike jumble this afternoon to see if I could find a rear wheel and cassette for use on the turbo. Within 5 minutes of arriving, I found a set of DT Swiss Tricon wheels for £40. The guy who sold them to me said the rims probably only had a season or 2 of riding left on them, but that wasn't an issue as I'm only using them for the turbo was my reply. I got home and had a peruse of google to find out they were originally £1k wheel, with a weight of about 1400 grams. Now I'm thinking I might get new rims put on them to keep as a back up set to my current wheels.

Not today but Friday.

New Cotic Escapade for the better half-in purple obv:rolleyes:.

Will source some GRX,Halo,Hope and Genetic bits for it this week at work-it's Ice Bike(Madison/Sportline trade show) so usually some good deals for ibd's*(and staff:whistle:).

*Need all the help we can with online stores selling at a loss:wacko:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bought some aluminum stock for a decaleur project. It has to turn warmer, first. I need to get my head around the design of it as well, but some stock for these things are standard sizes, due to weight and strength and availability.

This week I have been mostly buying(well technically the other half);

Shimano GRX 600/800 mix gearset(as Madison are out of stock on some parts)
Hope bb, headset and carbon seat post
Halo Vapour/SP dynamo wheels
Vittoria Terreno dry 650b tyres
Shimano XT Ice Tech rotors
Shimano XT/Ultegra chain

All for the new purple Cotic.

And for me;

Shimano GRX di2 shifter and left brake lever.
76 projects Garmin mount and light fitting.

Brooks

Went out for a ride on Tuesday with a few friends and the girlfriend had a puncture. All was fine until it came to pumping up the tyre with my useless cheap old pump, everyone else had roughly the same ineffective pumps. So I ordered a Topeak road Morph after reading some excellent reviews on the pump, fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.

Bio racer

Have decided to ditch the Look pedal system I have been using since they first came out and bought 2 pairs of Shimano 105's with blue cleats, looking forward to trying them out. Also a pair of Ultegra Ice rotors to replace the ones on my gravel bike which have squealed since I bought the damn thing 5 years ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed !

Top Bottom