What have you bought for the bike today ?

Oxford Dave

I bought a decent D lock for my bike today, as I had realised I couldn't stop anywhere and leave it without one! Meant a satisfying 31 mile ride, so it was a good day. Used the new lock to secure the bike outside a pub on the way home, and it obviously worked as nobody stole my bike.

Last edited:

Oxford Dave

No cable, just a D lock, hopefully that'll be enough. I don't plan on leaving it anywhere too risky, today it was outside a country pub on a very quiet road - and I know most of the people round the village anyway.
If I have to go into Oxford and leave the bike, I'll take my hybrid, not worth a lot and hopefully not worth stealing. Obviously, it'd be locked up anyway.

Justinitus

May Contain Pie
Shimano 105 ST-R7020 hydro brake set to replace the very efficient but somewhat ugly Giant Conduct SL hybrid system that came fitted to my Revolt. Arrived without any pads in the rear calliper but a quick call to Merlin and they’re sending me some.

rivers

How far can I go?
Went to the local bike jumble this afternoon to see if I could find a rear wheel and cassette for use on the turbo. Within 5 minutes of arriving, I found a set of DT Swiss Tricon wheels for £40. The guy who sold them to me said the rims probably only had a season or 2 of riding left on them, but that wasn't an issue as I'm only using them for the turbo was my reply. I got home and had a peruse of google to find out they were originally £1k wheel, with a weight of about 1400 grams. Now I'm thinking I might get new rims put on them to keep as a back up set to my current wheels.

Elybazza61

Veteran
Not today but Friday.

New Cotic Escapade for the better half-in purple obv:rolleyes:.

Will source some GRX,Halo,Hope and Genetic bits for it this week at work-it's Ice Bike(Madison/Sportline trade show) so usually some good deals for ibd's*(and staff:whistle:).

*Need all the help we can with online stores selling at a loss:wacko:

Top Bottom