What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
I want to buy a new saddle. The one that came with my Trek 7.3 hybrid doesn't tilt that I can see and feels quite hard after an hour cycling. I looked on amazon but feel bewildered by choice. They were cheaper than I thought and some even have lights on them (not that I cycle outdoors at the moment lol!). Any advice on a comfortable tilting one to get?

vickster

Legendary Member
I want to buy a new saddle. The one that came with my Trek 7.3 hybrid doesn't tilt that I can see and feels quite hard after an hour cycling. I looked on amazon but feel bewildered by choice. They were cheaper than I thought and some even have lights on them (not that I cycle outdoors at the moment lol!). Any advice on a comfortable tilting one to get?
It's not the saddle that tilts but the bit of the seatpost that the saddle attaches to...so a new saddle won't help. Post a picture of the seatpost fixings with the saddle removed :okay: If anything, you might need a new seatpost if there really is no adjustment! Or take the bike back to the shop and ask them to take look

If the saddle feels hard, you may just need to toughen your derriere up by more riding if new to cycling or perhaps try different shorts...if you're riding on a turbo (for an hour zzzz), you will need to move around a bit, stand up, all the things that you would do on the road ... and which help to relieve bum ache

Last edited:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
As what @vickster suggests above, I’m sure it will tilt - someone here can hopefully help you with a photo.

As for the saddle feeling hard - I’m pretty positive you’ll get used to it after a while as it does take time to adjust to any saddle - especially if you’re new to riding.

Whatever you do, don’t be tempted to get one of those comfy looking gel saddle covers they’re the devil in disguise. Don’t ask me how I know.. :blush:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I've just bought a new lock, Krytonite 785, I want to start going further this year (if the weather ever clears up) so that means stops, hence the new lock. Not as heavy as I'd guessed it was going to be and got good reviews so we'll see.

8mph

Veteran
Unusual Klein suspension-corrected forks - beautiful or what? :laugh:

Mattk50

MattK50
It's not the saddle that tilts but the bit of the seatpost that the saddle attaches to...so a new saddle won't help. Post a picture of the seatpost fixings with the saddle removed :okay: If anything, you might need a new seatpost if there really is no adjustment! Or take the bike back to the shop and ask them to take look

If the saddle feels hard, you may just need to toughen your derriere up by more riding if new to cycling or perhaps try different shorts...if you're riding on a turbo (for an hour zzzz), you will need to move around a bit, stand up, all the things that you would do on the road ... and which help to relieve bum ache

I'll take a picture once I can get to the shed. It's just the bit of me which gets most ache (along with some small muscle just below my outer left ankle bone) at the moment. I do 75 mins indoor turbo now 5 times a week and alternate between types of cyclijng shorts. I'll try wiggling around a bit more!

Mattk50

MattK50
So here's some pictures. How does the saddle tilt? There's one screw underneath that seems seized. Ignore the bike behind it, it makes the picture look confusing, cables ties for the saddle bag.

Top Bottom