What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Some plain Wellgo flats for my pub bike.

Gunk

Guru
Fancy Sturmey Archer 3 speed changer for the Brompton

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I bought a spare inner tube about 3 weeks ago but it never turned up. Then the seller sent me another one and it was the wrong size. At least he returned my money.

Ordered from elsewhere and they arrived today, and they are the right size and they were cheaper than the previous one. So hoorah for me.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I bought a mini-pump from Poundland. Once I realized that you had to pull the lever up to lock it on the valve it actually worked quite well.

Baldy

Über Member
A bracket to go on the bars of my mountain bike to put a GoPro on. Trouble is the flat bars aren't straight, their shaped. Not a good fit but it might work, need to try it.

Another bike... :whistle:

OK, a bit of a project - late 90s Raleigh Max MTB (15 inch frame, 24 inch wheels) to turn into a winter / crappy weather / dodgy road surface bike.

Bought a load of inner tubes.
Fed up of riding tubeless and getting punctures that are too big to seal, with Stan's but but still small enough to deflate. Then when I put the worms in the effin prong makes such a big hole that the worm blows straight out. Costing too much in new tyres. Inner tubes are cheaper.

Gunk

Guru
I bought a complete bike today to replace my modern BMC which I sold this morning.

these have been on my radar for a while, and this one is my size, virtually unused and the right price so I grabbed it and I’m collecting it in the morning.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/ti-raleigh-team-replica-35181

I know the purists will be a bit sniffy about it, but I couldn’t care less, for me it’s a nice useable steel framed road bike with a retro twist which reminds me of the bikes I lusted after when I was a kid, so perfect for a slow, and nostalgic 55 year old.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I bought a complete bike today to replace my modern BMC which I sold this morning.

these have been on my radar for a while, and this one is my size, virtually unused and the right price so I grabbed it and I’m collecting it in the morning.

View attachment 535313

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/ti-raleigh-team-replica-35181

I know the purists will be a bit sniffy about it, but I couldn’t care less, for me it’s a nice useable steel framed road bike with a retro twist which reminds me of the bikes I lusted after when I was a kid, so perfect for a slow, and nostalgic 55 year old.
Very nice: didn't realise there were only 125 produced. Classic Ti Raleigh colours, a Reynolds frame and modern Campagnolo brakes & gears - a lovely bike:smile:

Top Bottom