What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

Had my bike fit at Condor today. The fitter recommended (so I bought) narrower bars (40cm vs 44cm), shorter stem with greater rise (100mm +7 degrees vs 120mm +3 degrees) as well as lowering my saddle a few mm and moving it forward a bit. I decided to get them to fit a new saddle while they were at it as the old one was 13 years old and past it’s best. Shiny new bits now in place

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
1 1/8" stem spacers.
They are exactly 1/8th of an inch too big.
I cycle across more than one decade.
I knew it was for 1". :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Zanelad

Guru
Shimano SPD-SL pedals and a pair of Boardman Carbon road shoes to replace the SPD shoes/pedals that I'm using now. Don't know why to be honest. I just fancied trying them out. Lockdown has a lot to answer for😊

avecReynolds531

Veteran
2 KMC chains for a 2 x 5 Suntour set up. Ordered yesterday for around £15 inc postage & arrived by lunchtime today. Great service from Velovintage.co.uk

Last edited:

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Shimano brake cables, Cinelli cork gel bar tape and renewed my BC membership. The brake cables and bar tape are the only things I haven't worked on yet so that'll be something else learned.

vickster

Legendary Member
A couple of 27mm Vittoria Open Paves from CRC which will replace 25mm Gatorskins
The previously acquired 25mm Paves have gone back to CRC, saving me £10 :okay:

And some heavily reduced red Fizik tape which will go on the carbon if needed by LBS when they fit the crosslevers next week (hoping they can keep the brand new white that’s on there tho)

DSK

Shimano R8050 groupset & BB71
Wipperman Gold Chain
2 sets of Kinetic-One 42TL wheelset
1 set of used as new Giant SLR1 wheelset
Easton EC70 aero handlebars
Continental Gatorskin Tyres
Other crap like fibre grip, bottom bracket fitting kit, gommets and stuff

Top Bottom