What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Half a dozen inner tubes. Had to replace the spare in the saddle pack of the commuter bike & the emergency spare I keep in the locker at work leaving only one of that size in my home stock.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I bought some packs of ball bearings from StarCycles on ebay.
1/8" 5/32" 3/16" 7/32" 1/4".
I've a number of jobs to do on my old Carlton.
These should cover all requirements.
Not expensive.
£11.49 the lot ... including first-class postage.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I bought some packs of ball bearings from StarCycles on ebay.
1/8" 5/32" 3/16" 7/32" 1/4".
I've a number of jobs to do on my old Carlton.
These should cover all requirements.
Not expensive.
£11.49 the lot ... including first-class postage.

Even better .... They arrived this morning in "double-quick" time - Amazing !
Even better still ... They appear to have got my order correct ....... [although I haven't had the micrometer out to check them yet].
Impressive service at a reasonable price.
www.starcyclespares.co.uk

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Popped down to the LBS today, ordered some mudguards for the Trek - the ones I thought might fit dont due to there not being a chainstay bridge mount as it's on the seat tube higher up - and some 25c tyres to go with it as the 28s won't fit under the rim brakes unfortunately (let alone 32s which would have been my preference). This is why Disc brakes are so much better for a winter bike!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A Specialized Avatar Comp gel saddle - second-hand, apparently used only once. I'm looking forward to it arriving in a few days. Cost me half the price of a brand new one.

Hopefully, as this saddle has a cut-out it will be more comfortable to use on longer rides. On the last DIY audax I did, I had both soft tissue pain (perineum) and numbness (trapped artery), a very weird and unpleasant sensation.

si_c

Guru
New saddle for the Trek today - the Bontrager Affinity that's on there at present I find uncomfortable. Ordered a Fabric Line Elite in 134mm which is a saddle I find endlessly comfortable. Doesn't hurt that Wiggle had 40% off today on it.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
A lightweight skull cap. Working from home instead of commuting now, so need to try and continue the leisure cycling for a few more months before ending my 'season'.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
as of last night:

304181-00-d-623427.jpg

otherself

Fully lugged in.
Yesterday I ordered some "Snail" brand oval shaped compact chainrings ready for my autumn /winter road bike. Should arrive early October from China. 50t & 35t. Not bad for £20 thanks to AliExpress.
Nd9GcS4DCUQYk_NTi27wGYD2EhSVWc2JjOxPV1-dg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Top Bottom