What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drzdave58

Über Member
bought these pedal extenders for my 64 moulton stowaway...the cranks on these bikes feel too close together for my liking. Put them on and the bike feels better now.

Gunk

Guru
Any photos of the complete bike?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One rear Maxxis Minion DHR II 27x2.3 60 TPI 3c MAXX TERRA Tubeless Ready. There are half a million different versions, so it was a bit tricky getting the exact one.

What a mouthful. It's a spare to replace my half worn one. I'll continue with the old tyre until I have some proper technical rides, then swap back.

Last edited:
I've just bought some of those pedal extenders ^^^^
I keep trashing shoes and winter overshoes on my cranks so I'm hoping this small expenditure will save large expenditure in the future.

Drzdave58

Über Member
I like that, a lot! 😍
They are easy to get if u live in the UK. Cool little bikes with full suspension!

I got a good deal on ebay...they seem pretty well made..my LBS had a pair and wanted $55.. View attachment 541319
Mine also came off Ebay. IIRC £9 and certainly less than a tenner. Titanium or so it's claimed.
Came from somewhere in Wiltshire/West Country allegedly but I've a sneaking suspicion they really came from virus central.

But for the price I paid I'm happy to swallow my principles.

Drzdave58

Über Member
Mine also came off Ebay. IIRC £9 and certainly less than a tenner. Titanium or so it's claimed.
Came from somewhere in Wiltshire/West Country allegedly but I've a sneaking suspicion they really came from virus central.

But for the price I paid I'm happy to swallow my principles.
Yeah. I was a little concerned about the quality too. But I just needed them for a bike I only ride once in awhile and ride slowly, so I figured they would do. Shipping was surprisingly fast too. Like a week and a half.

I've fitted them, but haven't cranked them up tight. I know pedalling action might tighten them for me, and on my winter bike I do a lot of bad weather miles. We shall see.
The "titanium" stem bolts I fitted to replace the rusty steel ones have given no problems and they came from a similarly reputable Ebay source.

Pioneer

Regular
Today I bought a FHS-10

I got a hunk of junk Raleigh Venture donated to me for spares as the owner brought it to a Lbs and nearly had a heart attack when he was told the price of a service and a new full head set plus 2 brake cables and 1 set of pads.
How much was he quoted €195
YES €195 so he got my number from someone he worked with and I sold him a bike, 3 days later I got a call from him and I thought when I seen his number show up on my phone something had happened to the bike I sold him but he was very happy with the purchase and asked me did I want his old bike for spares, he then told me about the lbs quote.

Right now I am just having a cuppa and going back up to my shed to finish it off, the parts cost me €23 for all parts needed, I keep cables and other items on hand ( brake pads) but the price includes the cost of new parts if I had to buy them all.

so the FHS-10 is a “ Full Head Set“
for a. 1 1/4 stem on the Raleigh.

tomorrow I will offer this bike back to the old owner and see if he wants it as a spare, if he doesn’t want it then I will sell it on tomorrow evening as I have a couple of people looking for bikes of all sorts.
Tomorrow is another day, I have to collect 2 Trek hybrids and 3 Giant Bikes ( used but all needing work) they will need all sorts of stuff fixed.

Willd

Veteran
A new jersey, as my original one is now far too big, after losing a stone ^_^ Because of the harlequin design I'm now referred to as Elmer :rolleyes:

Top Bottom