What have you bought for the bike today ?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I wanted somewhere to carry food, phone and power bank when out on longer rides (rather than a jersey pocket) so I picked up a Topeak Toploader bag. I was concerned I may hit the bag with my knees when riding (which was what has had me umming and erring for the past few days), but it looks narrow enough to avoid this. I'll know once I get out on the bike. I should be able to open and close the zip on the bag one-handed while on the move which was one of my other criterium. And lastly, I'll be able to run a charging lead from the power bank to my Wahoo with the zip on the bag 99% closed as it closes from south to north (so to speak). I'm quite happy with my purchase. Now I just need to buy a new mount for my Wahoo that holds the head unit further away from the handlebars so I can fit a micro USB behind it when charging.

Gunk

Über Member
New tyres, sadly the original Challenge Criterion’s on my Raleigh TI rep are badly cracked.

SafetyThird

Postman's just been so I now have the last of the bits to set the new bike up. I rode a hilly 28 mile route yesterday for it's first ride and I'm looking forward to putting this lot on and trying it again in a few days, once I've stopped aching. I'm so unfit.

Son dynohub wheel with Andra 30 rim, bio cork grips for the jones loop style bars, a click stand, couple of tubes, some spoke reflectors, stem extender, mudguard flap and a service kit for the Rohloff Hub.

IMG_7404.jpeg

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Several clubmates have it,and really rate it. So that's why I chose it
They are a deal at that price, i've just ordered two as I'll be doing nursery drop off by bike and trailer soon, admittedly its only 300 yards or so on road, but I want a little reassurance when I'm carrying the little one!
I had a Sony action cam that I tried to use several years ago, but it was massive and looked like a robotic Mohawk stuck onto my helmet, these Chilli cams are a lot better!

SafetyThird

Several clubmates have it,and really rate it. So that's why I chose it
thanks very much, that's good to hear. I have a GoPro but it only lasts an hour with the big battery and you then need a battery pack and that means the housing won't be waterproof. The 6 hour life is a bit of a game changer and what's really made me interested in it.

SafetyThird

An Axa Victory frame lock with 1.4m chain and a set of hexlox for the wheels, saddle, seat post and stem. Along with the D lock I already have, that's about as much security as I can put on it short of buying a pit bull and chaining that to it. With a Rohloff hub and Son Dynohub, I really don't want the wheels being taken off, not that I plan on leaving it in town for long when touring but this should cover me for most eventualities and not be too onerous.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
A pair of Look PP247 pedals, lovely condition, metallic blue.
It's a big day because all my bikes now have thier own pedals which is a first!

Top Bottom