What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
New tyres, sadly the original Challenge Criterion’s on my Raleigh TI rep are badly cracked.

A pair of MKS Next Road pedals

SafetyThird

Postman's just been so I now have the last of the bits to set the new bike up. I rode a hilly 28 mile route yesterday for it's first ride and I'm looking forward to putting this lot on and trying it again in a few days, once I've stopped aching. I'm so unfit.

Son dynohub wheel with Andra 30 rim, bio cork grips for the jones loop style bars, a click stand, couple of tubes, some spoke reflectors, stem extender, mudguard flap and a service kit for the Rohloff Hub.

IMG_7404.jpeg

rivers

How far can I go?
Be interested to hear what you think of it, I've been looking at those.
Several clubmates have it,and really rate it. So that's why I chose it

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
They are a deal at that price, i've just ordered two as I'll be doing nursery drop off by bike and trailer soon, admittedly its only 300 yards or so on road, but I want a little reassurance when I'm carrying the little one!
I had a Sony action cam that I tried to use several years ago, but it was massive and looked like a robotic Mohawk stuck onto my helmet, these Chilli cams are a lot better!

SafetyThird

thanks very much, that's good to hear. I have a GoPro but it only lasts an hour with the big battery and you then need a battery pack and that means the housing won't be waterproof. The 6 hour life is a bit of a game changer and what's really made me interested in it.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Exustar E-PM827 pedals (http://exustar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=130)
E-PM827-01-20160831.png

I've been looking for a pair of single sided pedals with a large flat side to replace the Shimano M324s on the Spa Elan and these appear to fit the bill, being roughly the same size as the Superstar Nanos that I use on the flat bar & MTB bikes I run. A bit pricy, but there was some money left at the end of the month for a change.

SafetyThird

An Axa Victory frame lock with 1.4m chain and a set of hexlox for the wheels, saddle, seat post and stem. Along with the D lock I already have, that's about as much security as I can put on it short of buying a pit bull and chaining that to it. With a Rohloff hub and Son Dynohub, I really don't want the wheels being taken off, not that I plan on leaving it in town for long when touring but this should cover me for most eventualities and not be too onerous.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
A pair of Look PP247 pedals, lovely condition, metallic blue.
It's a big day because all my bikes now have thier own pedals which is a first!

Top Bottom