What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Shimano FD-R440 To allow the use of a 2x9 MTB Flat Bar set up on a road bike with a 50T chainring. Notice the longer pivot arm compared to the Sora FD-3500 to account for the different cable pull between road and MTB shifters.

_nc_ohc=r4dovRQaMIAAX87-AMM&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New bib shorts from PX
chucked a couple of pairs away this month as they had lasted (for me ) a long time and the pad edge was loose as the threads had come loose

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having sold my NeilPryde Nazare, and been on the lookout for a Medium SL / standard one but with no budget, I'm collecting this tomorrow. This is the only photo and it's been on sale for a while, so a cheeky offer was made. I'd have preferred an SL however these are difficult to find. I'm oddly enough picking this up very nearby to where my old one resides now:

s-l1600.jpg

It's the same frame construction as the one I had but in red/black and a Medium. I won't need the groupset as it'll get a nice one I've stashed away and a different set of bars / saddle.

My 'Small' one for a size comparison:

s-l1600.jpg

The only issue is that the new arrival will probably spend the winter on the family smart turbo; my newly-built Raleigh SP Race needs a minor repair and my 16yo's going to need both his training and winter bikes for the winter.

Last edited:

roley poley

Über Member

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I bought some of them from cycle republic before it shut in city square, no problems ,hope you find the same.. ps.found the red compound softer with better stopping power than the black
Thanks R.P.
I did wonder regarding the red and the black.
I'll be fitting new alloys in the next few days to replace my very-shabby steels.
They will deserve some decent new brake blocks !

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Rain on the way: £25 well spent

_nc_ohc=1uHpU5nIN0gAX9a6Z0t&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

razabbs

Not bought but had an email from Hunts. My aero wheels which I expected in Week 3 of January when I ordered should be arrive in Week 4 of October :smile: Better order a cassette tool and chain whip!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2 has bent his TT disc: it'll work in my Principia TT bike but catches the frame on his Argon E-116 as that has less clearance. He's been using my deep section with disc cover instead.

So today I bid late and got a cheap TT disc as it was collection only - hopefully collecting Wednesday.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I've got my new alloy wheels for the Carlton to replace the very scruffy steels.
27" x 1.1/4"
Got them from BankruptBikeParts at a very good price.
The front wheel they supplied from stock.
The rear they built for me using a Milremo alloy hub that I supplied and a rim from stock.
What a helpful company to deal with !

I also bought:
a new 5 speed freewheel
a chain
two rim tapes
a freewheel fitting/remover tool.
a pedal spanner

Willd

Veteran
A long sleeved base layer, only a Mountain Warehouse one, not a fancy cycling brand :rolleyes:
Once I cut out the scratchy label it seems to work ok, relatively mild today, but it was about 7 degrees last weekend and I was warm enough ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom