What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
We demand pictures...
As soon they arrive and I sort a few things out of the bike :-)

CharleyFarley

I haven't bought them, yet, but I've bookmarked new headset caged bearings for my cruiser. I'll have to see how my current headset holds up. A few months ago I noticed a definite detent feel when I was off the bike and turned the steering from side to side. I removed, cleaned and re-greased the bearings and they were okay. Then a week ago it started, again but in a different place. So I may have to get the new bearings. I have loose ball bearings but not enough of them to use those instead of caged ones.

It seems that bike makers use the very cheapest of all components. This bike came from a bike shop and I had to replace the wheel bearings after only 600 miles.

Last edited:

TigerT

Veteran
Yesterday was an expensive day. Got a new battery for my E-Bike (commuter and shopping bike - I've been delaying since I haven't actually had to commute for the last 18 months), This almost cost as much as the original price of the bike :ohmy: . While I was there I picked up a Garmin Edge 530. Bit of a change for me as I've been using Wahoo for the last few years. First ride today and I was pretty impressed, huge improvement from the last time I had a Garmin.

GuyBoden

Guru
Well, that didn't break the bank, did it! ^_^
If you get the correct size grommet, usually 20mm, you can use them either side of your square taper BB axle as an additional weather seal. A correct size rubber washer would do the same thing, but I prefer using grommets.

rivers

How far can I go?
My custom frame bag arrived today. It's not actually for this bike, but seems to fit the frame rather well. Popped it onto the bike I rode to work today and will fit it to my gravel bike when I get home. My alpkit elan arrived today as well, but I have no way of getting it home, so will take the gravel bike and my handlebar bag to work tomorrow and use it as a short loaded test run. It will give me time to tweak a few things if needed.
_nc_ohc=MbOEq6znyXsAX8AVNjG&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

RoMeR

Über Member
An Alpkit Elan hooped bivvy and a custom frame bag from bike bags. Both should be here early next week ready for my first bikepacking adventure of the year :-)
Will you please post your thoughts on the Elan after you've used it a few times, I've looked at it a few times but can't make my mind up.

rivers

How far can I go?
Will you please post your thoughts on the Elan after you've used it a few times, I've looked at it a few times but can't make my mind up.
Of course, I'm most likely not using it until the end of July unless I can convince the wife to let me go off on an overnight before then. Initial thoughts are it looks good, packs small and is light. It fits nicely on the front of my handlebar bag, in between my handlebars, which are only 40cm.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
More Di2 parts for my upgrade (battery charger) and some new Di2 compatible handlebars, nothing fancy just a set of alloy Prime Doyenne aero bars

Top Bottom