What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drzdave58

Über Member
Got some riser bars and a lay back seatpost installed on my 65 Moulton

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A pair of Dura-Ace pedals. We wouldn't need them if son no.2 had put himself, and his bike, head-first at 30mph through a hawthorn hedge and into a tree in the Junior CiCLE Classic thereby damaging a pedal in the process :whistle:

Fortunately the rest of his Cervelo S3's fine, apart from a small frame scrape. Why's that a good thing? Because it'll be mine once Ridley get their finger out and send him his Noah Fast that was due last week.

And the child? Covered in scratches, new racesuit shredded, daft as ever. Nothing new there then.

Last edited:

carlton88

Guru
A cycle computer. I had no intention to buy, but having removed my Cateye a few years ago I fancied something bigger with more screen options. Can't wait to try it out!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Bontrager front wheel to match the rear my son has on his bike. We've a damaged one so this will replace it.

A pair of S-Works cycling shoes. I really needed a better pair of SPD shoes but these seemed cheap.

A lightweight Conti Podium TT 19mm tub as the hillclimb tubs we've got won't work with my son's lightweight front wheel; the valve hole's too small and I don't want to crack it :cursing: . Anyone want three Vittoria Evo CS ultra-lightweight tubs? They'll be on eBay in time for hillclimb season :whistle:

And a Tannus tyre. It was locally on auction cheaply so I bid to have a play with them.

Finally, and technically not for the bike but to allow the bike to be used; a ferry trip to Ireland next month plus two sets of accommodation for the Irish Junior national series races. One more ferry to book for the end of September.

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
This absolute steal of a Carradice Super C from eBay. £15 including postage after getting some discount on the offer they had the other day.

Matches very well with my similar vintage panniers. Although they have a slight different badge / logo.

Think it might live on the Dutch bike but might try and get a saddle bag quick release support so I can take it on the road bike too.

IMG_20210723_144857.jpg

IMG_20210723_145047.jpg

A pair of Marathon Plus Tour tyres for the New Bike Project. They turned up as part of a job lot in a house clearance at work, and I saw them and asked how much they'd cost.

Manager: Why; do you want them?
Me: Heck yeah.
Manager: 1€ each.
Me: Um... do you know how much these are worth? Brand new Marathon plus tyres?
Manager: People don't buy tyres in charity shops, I'll never shift them. 2€ the pair, now go and run it through the till before I change my mind.

I didn't need telling twice...

Onthedrops

Veteran
Sad to report I've just ordered a set of SKS Raceblade Pro Stealth Edition mudguards for my Defy Advanced 1.
Well, it is starting to get a bit wetter! :sad:

Top Bottom