What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I am going to use the 500 to display speed/distance/time etc. and simultaneously use the 200 for navigation.
Suggest you delete the Garmin account link with the 500 otherwise you are going to get rides duplicated their and on any linked cycling apps.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A new set of rear spokes for the 6-speed Brompton, because I don't trust a 13 year-old wheel built by them. It took some major truing when I acquired the bike s/h, and £15 is reasonable for peace of mind. I won't bother with 13g spokes, which they use to try and compensate for the crap build.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Got a bunch of Schwalbe av4 for my Brompton as spares and a few for my friend who just became a two electric Brompton household.

Also got 3 cheap cycling tops from Halfords from a deal posted here, I picked one up the other week and really liked is for casual cycling so bought two more and a t-shirt. Cost me £11.50. Rode over to the store that had stock on Saturday morning in the pouring rain to pick them up and then realised when I got home they still had security tags on.

This was sorted at my local store and they gave me a £10 voucher which I have used on some spare Clarks blocks for my Dawes.

How high is the rear wheel off the ground, just wondering if it would work in a small in footprint shed
About an inch, the height of its rubber feet.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
The rear coaster brake hub on my commuter has been playing up for a bit now, random loss of drive just when you don't need it. Inspection reveals the knurling on the clutch is looking pretty worn so I've ordered a new clutch along with some new brake shoes.

Dead impressed with the price, € 14,61 for the lot!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Broke yet another cheap chain tool earlier so I took the plunge and bought a proper Park Tool one.

Also some post mount brake pads for my son's Columbus X-Wing cross bike. £3 for a pairs of slightly discoloured Ritchey pads via eBay.

keithmac

Guru
Bought a Suntour NCX SP12 suspension seal post for my ebike conversion today, have on on my other bike and I've missed it on this one!.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ebay - Shmano M570 44T outer Chain ring five arm. As rare as rocking horse poop and usually an NOS import job for big bucks.

UK seller, new in pack, £29. Not 'cheap' but happy with that. It will go in my spares bin as only recently fitted a 'used' one that I got off ebay. The previous ring was getting rather shark toothed and thin with use.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having used some tub tape to stick my son's replacement tub on, I found the Jantex 14 tape roll was for 1 wheel, not 2 :cursing:

A 2-wheel roll's been ordered for the next time I have to stick a tyre on.

Top Bottom