What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
New mech hangers for son's Cervelo S3 (after a crash whilst racing on Saturday) and PlanetX Nanolight (don't ask! :rolleyes: ).

Oh, and I've a project to work on over the winter, having bought a frameset which will be a frame swap from my Principia TT2 Light:

s-l1600.jpg

I do like NeilPryde's and it's a pity they're no longer made. We're on our second Nazaré, which has been sat on the smart turbo since last summer, and I'd get a lightweight Bura SL if I could find a reasonably priced one.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Finally got my EC130 back on the road (after Di2 and wheelset upgrades) and now I have a knocking coming from BB area. Old BB removed (wasnt really that old) and one side does sound a little suspect so replacement on order. Hopefully arriving today so I can use again at weekend!

Mike_P

Guru
Seems to be issues with the post, waiting for two items, a Varia mount ordered on the 4th and a disc pad spacer for bleeding brakes on the 8th.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
...at least I would if the damn things would arrive. Have had to contact fleabay and get some more send out due to non delivery :angry:.
Seems to be issues with the post, waiting for two items, a Varia mount ordered on the 4th and a disc pad spacer for bleeding brakes on the 8th.

Given that Covid cases seem to be on the rise again, it wouldn't surprise me if RM are suffering again.

This afternoon, a basket for my bike - just a cheap Wilko handlebar one with some sort of mount which I have yet to investigate, but it'll do for a 'small shop' at Lidl until the klikfix luggage truss I've ordered arrives along with its matching klikfix front basket and a rear rack-mounted one. No more shopping taxis for me once that arrives, except in the worst weather!

Also some Wilko bike cleaner spray, a set of washing brushes, a can of GT 85 and a little bottle of 'all-weather lube with teflon'. Bicycle is now looking rather cleaner than it did when I put it away last night and all the things that need to be lubed, have been . The brushes are good and the cleaner spray seems effective. Better than washing-up liquid anyway!

Mattk50

MattK50
A new wahoo speed sensor. The casing broke and I can't find anywhere just to buy the case. I bought a new unit from Wiggle for delivery tomorrow. I hope it arrives as promised. The sensor still works. I took the battery out so now have a spare.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A SRAM Red lightweight cassette for one of the road bikes.
A Rotor bottom bracket for the NeilPryde Bayamo rather than the used one it came with.
Some replacement carbon brake pads for my son's BeOne.
And a pair of non-standard wheel speed sensors as he seems to go through the expensive Garmin ones far too quickly.

Plus ... I've bought 4 bikes in one go, collecting Friday:

s-l1600.jpg

In my defence the three children's bikes aren't staying as it's the Kingpin I'm after for continued work on a Kingpin project.

freiston

Veteran
This thread always comes to mind days or weeks after I buy something for the bike so I can never truthfully post on it.

However, I did buy a new freehub body last week, and a tub of semi fluid grease (after reading recommendations for using it on Shimano hubs in order to improve the likelihood of the impractical-to service/clean/repair Shimano freehub continuing to work). I found the grease messy to work with - I ought to get a grease gun.

I did look at the possibility of picking up a complete rear hub cheaper than the freehub body alone but couldn't find any cheaper and in stock.

Top Bottom