What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bungee chords to keep the panniers in place on my bumpy canal commute.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A couple of pairs of mitts as mine have holes in.

And a pair of 20" wheels, single speed, for the Kingpin. Something to play with as an idea and for £20 delivered not much to lose if it doesn't work.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
A couple of pairs of mitts as mine have holes in.

And a pair of 20" wheels, single speed, for the Kingpin. Something to play with as an idea and for £20 delivered not much to lose if it doesn't work.
What mitts did you go for, I am on the look out for some new ones.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’ve updated my cycle clothing. I often buy decent ish gear usually in the sale but having seen a couple of friends with their ‘high end’ gear I was so impressed I thought I’d get some too.
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve bought a pair of Rapha bib shorts and two Rapha jerseys, all from their cheaper core range using some birthday money and a 20% jersey discount code, the quality is fantastic!

I’ve also bought two Le Col gilets and a Le Col jersey and base layer all in their sale with 60% off plus an additional Le Col/Strava voucher of £50 for completing one of their challenges. I also ordered via Quidco so I’m hoping they honour the 12% cashback.

Expensive cycle gear but super quality and lots of discount helps.👍

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Rack and panniers arrived for wife’s bike. Ready for our September mini break. I’m out checking one of my calendar audax event routes tomorrow. I will be fitting rack and setting up panniers over this weekend.

Oh and my new mitts arrived as well.

DAA29140-3AEA-4039-A795-CAA210CED075.jpeg

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Two pairs of £5 shorts, £3 gloves and £2 mitts from the Freewheel sale the other day. All seem very good value for money.

Shorts are nice and thin and can be worn with some padded undershorts if I feel the need, or just for the commute and wearing in work when I get there.

Completely forgotten that I had ordered the mitts but they feel decent much better than the pair from Aldi.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Jelly babies :rolleyes:

rivers

How far can I go?
I had to buy a new turbo today as the resistance unit on my current one is fubared. I purchased one via click and collect at Halford's, drove across town to collect, and it wasn't in stock. So need to pick it up on Friday. Went for an Elite Novo Smart in the end.

mustang1

Guru
This morning I checked emails and one of them said "your order has dispatched". Like, huh? Say what now? I don't remember ordering anything. Then I remembered: last night, being in a mildly celebratory mood, I ordered a garmin front light so it connects to the edge.

Wonderful. For a fleeting moment I thought about returning it but then decided I'll let it run it's course and find it's way onto the bike. It can sit nicely under the edge mount. Actually I really ought to return it...

Johnno260

Veteran
This morning I checked emails and one of them said "your order has dispatched". Like, huh? Say what now? I don't remember ordering anything. Then I remembered: last night, being in a mildly celebratory mood, I ordered a garmin front light so it connects to the edge.

Wonderful. For a fleeting moment I thought about returning it but then decided I'll let it run it's course and find it's way onto the bike. It can sit nicely under the edge mount. Actually I really ought to return it...

You won't regret that, I have one of the Garmin front lights and it's brilliant, up there with one of my best purchases for accessories.

Also ordered one of the Proviz Gillets used it this morning and it's as good as their jackets.

Top Bottom