What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
You won't regret that, I have one of the Garmin front lights and it's brilliant, up there with one of my best purchases for accessories.

Also ordered one of the Proviz Gillets used it this morning and it's as good as their jackets.
Ah thanks for the vote of confidence. Uhm, I forgot to mention the garmin light will join my dual exposure six pack lights :smile:

Actually I have the varia rear light/radar and really rather like it but I thought the front light is a waste because I can just switch the light on very easily. Incidentally, what do you like about your garmin front light? I think I'd like pressing the on button on the computer and it switches everything else on too.

Johnno260

Veteran
Ah thanks for the vote of confidence. Uhm, I forgot to mention the garmin light will join my dual exposure six pack lights :smile:

Actually I have the varia rear light/radar and really rather like it but I thought the front light is a waste because I can just switch the light on very easily. Incidentally, what do you like about your garmin front light? I think I'd like pressing the on button on the computer and it switches everything else on too.

When using the a 520 or 820 head unit the light changes automatically, the faster you go it narrows and projects the beam, and if you slow it widens and brings it closer, it also if you have it on auto it changes from pulse to a solid beam.

It really is my go to light I wrote a review on this website somewhere.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Dynamo wiring to run from an old Shimano DH-3N20.

Not the greatest dynamo in the world, but ok for a hack bike.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A pair of Aldi's cycling trainers - can be fitted with SPDs but I'll be using these as winter shoes on the bikes with flat pedals to save ruining my 5-Tens

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-grey-unisex-cycling-trainers/p/806923522913301

Alex321

Veteran
A new front light, as I'm sometimes finishing in the dark now, and the Lezyne 450 that I have just isn't enough above about 15mph.

I had a Cateye Ampp 800, but lost that due to a broken mounting not holding it securely enough. I'd broken two mounts for it, so won't be buying another of those. Got the Halfords Advanced 1600 Lumen (£60).

Not sure it is really twice the output of the cateye, but it is certainly way more than the Lezyne, and I think will be good for 25-30mph.

Mike_P

Guru
Seems to be issues with the post, waiting for two items, a Varia mount ordered on the 4th and a disc pad spacer for bleeding brakes on the 8th.
At last with a different seller a disc pad spacer turned up yesterday, that still took the best part of 3 weeks. No sign of the Varia mount so opened up a eBay case, seller keeps on responding with give it another 3-5 days, the only tracking entry is an order placed with the delivery company on Aug 4; no mention of any actual parcel.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
How do these size up? Lidl footwear seems to come up a bit small.
I'm hoping that they'll be 'normal' sizing so went for the size 10 and got the last pair available. I've had a couple of other pairs of non-cycling footwear from Aldi and and they've been a decent fit. They look a lot like an updated version of the Lidl ones from many years ago which got me into using SPDs.

Top Bottom