What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
All Brooks are art as well as a bum rest. They look better the older they get.

They do a version of this one in back with copper rivets and a copper tail piece, I must admit it was quite a lovely looking thing, but quite a bit more than the standard version.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but this one has a coppery sheen to it which looks really nice and I hope will go well with the look of the bike. Unlike the traditional leather Brooks saddles, this one is made from a rubbery type of material, but hopefully it should last many years and still look good.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Bit the bullet and replaced everything from my recent high speed altercation with a cattle grid.

New rim and wheel rebuild £100
Replacement tyre (+spare) £100
Front light (somehow after over a decade's use, got misplaced in the smash) £100

Rather a pricey descent that.

And replacement saddle for the quarter century old disintegrating one on the tandem - £100

Bread and water for the next week!

Bit the bullet and replaced everything from my recent high speed altercation with a cattle grid.

New rim and wheel rebuild £100
Replacement tyre (+spare) £100
Front light (somehow after over a decade's use, got misplaced in the smash) £100

Rather a pricey descent that.

And replacement saddle for the quarter century old disintegrating one on the tandem - £100

Bread and water for the next week!
Blimey. What happened with the cattle Grid ? I go over some at a fair lick on the horseshoes pass and so far no harm.

freiston

Veteran
I am very embarrassed to admit that I bought a new chain today. I trashed the previous one by shortening it too much. I had noticed that if I went into little front/two from little at the back, the rear derailleur arm was pretty much horizontal to the rear with the chain doubling back to the front. So I put it into big/big, folded over some links between the rear derailleur and the chainring, split the chain and took out the folded over length of chain less a couple of links. Put it back together and it was way too short. I don't know how I went wrong but I did do big time.

Decided to get a new chain asap. My funds are extremely tight and stocks are generally low across the country so I did some shopping around and looked at Decathlon. They do a KMC 9 speed chain branded as "Btwin" for £12.99 click and collect. The store is only a couple of miles from my house so I got one and put it on the bike. I took a link out and reckon there's room to take another link out but I ain't going to bother :tongue:

Fyi, 11-34 9 speed with 26/36/48 on the front with Sora GS/medium cage RD.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Made a mistake of buying budget pannier bags..theyre absolute ***te Attachment points are rubbish or absent, zips will be lucky to last a week :rolleyes: Quality Double Bicycle Panniers Bag Bike Bicycle Rear Seat Trunk Rack Pack Bag | eBay

Had occasion to visit two different branches of Lidl today, looking for cat litter. None to be had. But got a precision screwdriver set, a set of T-handle hex keys, and a mini-pump with gauge. Probably all made of cheese, but hey ho.
Oh and wine. Quite a lot of wine. In addition to the batch already purchased an hour earlier in Tesco...
:cheers: :crazy:

Had occasion to visit two different branches of Lidl today, looking for cat litter. None to be had. But got a precision screwdriver set, a set of T-handle hex keys, and a mini-pump with gauge. Probably all made of cheese, but hey ho.
Oh and wine. Quite a lot of wine. In addition to the batch already purchased an hour earlier in Tesco...
:cheers: :crazy:

Might I suggest Zooplus for cat litter? I pay around £25 for a 40 litre sack of corn-based biodegradable clumping litter, and it gets delivered directly to my door. :angel:

You may indeed suggest! But what brand is it? Can't find it based on your description...

Benek Corn. It's a less expensive version of World's Best.

The girls love it, only downside is it can be a bit dusty / flickable (Madam Poppy likes to dig to Australia), but it's nothing a hooded tray and a dustpan & brush can't solve.

I use Zooplus all the time. Get litter and biscuits (Royal Canin Sensible 33) delivered to the door. Their wet food is competitively priced, but at the moment, both Wilko and Tesco are currently cheaper.

Top Bottom