What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
A friend uses this and swears it keeps his drivetrain clean and lasts somewhere between dry and wet lube durations. Got a big one for value at home and one to carry when away on longer rides / tours.

A115448E-31CF-4A19-A6F6-702D505408E1.jpeg

GeekDadZoid

Über Member

Thanks. Hopefully the 30mm will fit just fine. Currently got 28mm on it think that's supposed to be the limit of the rims I'll have to check.

Attachments

• IMG_20220324_154843.jpg
    IMG_20220324_154843.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Delivered today, more of the Jobsworth Dogstar lights, a bottle cage, some sunglasses and 15 CO2 cartridges from Planet X.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
A 38t 86bcd £14 for the Gillot rework :okay:

....and some blue and yellow splash handlebar tape to match the yellow saddle and blue tyres.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Took advantage of some sales on planetX and bought myself two of their ON-ONE performance fit undershorts (with pad) and one of their Clubman Light Bib Shorts -- the clubman bib shorts were £15 on offer (now £17 with the March madness 15% discount code) and the quality seems very good. No rubber grippers in the legs for legwarmers though but for £15 im not complaining. The pad is very thick and supposedly the same pad as the ones they use in the normally more expensive Pro-Line 365x bibs.

The undershorts however leave a lot to be desired. The pad is thin and the material is even thinner without much support for my 'landing gear.'
I dont think they will last as long with repeated uses and washes.

I wish we had the same weather now as we had last week. Too cold to go out with these on now :whistle:

Both bibs are £17 with the discount and are well worth the money.

Nibor

Bewildered
A pair of lightly used Vittoria RubinoPro 2.0 Graphene in 30c from ebay for £38.20 posted for the Croix der fer

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I lost my aluminium Lezyne pump on a lunch time training ride last week. In hindsight I should have scoured the area for it and retrieved it as it was rather quite effective and when I looked like everything nearly the price has went up. Initially I thought I'm tubeless on my main road bike and barely used it anyway and my plastic BBB pump will probably be fine. After a week though I decided to partially cave in and got my self a Pro Bike Tool Aluminium pump. It was £10 cheaper than the Lezyne (but not too cheap) and the reviews were great. Having bought it now I'll probably never use it but my commuter which is pressed into action once a week has tubes and I p'tured 3 times before taking the extreme step of replacing the bike (I had a better one in storage and the bike cage at the new work is 100x more secure. I am actually tempted to rebuild my ti frame and use that).

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Bike-Tool-Mini-Pump/dp/B019V1PW5G/ref=asc_df_B019V1PW92/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310485825261&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17172666808504212839&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046216&hvtargid=pla-468669036391&psc=1&th=1

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Cheapo single ring chainset from ebay, does the job and looks quite snazzy with the red ring on black cranks. The double had a useless (For me) 22t inner ring and the Microshift front shifter was a tea break special that was a pain in the ar$e and seemed to have a mind of it's own needing constant fiddling with.

I really need to replace the BB for one with a 5mm shorter spindle to get the correct chain line, but it runs without any noise in all the gears so no urgency if I even bother. It only has seven sprockets to contend with.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having won a Continental jersey/shorts set and requested Small Jersey, Medium shorts they sent Medium jersey and Small shorts. But did include a pair of the new GP5000 S TR tubeless tyres and a giant bottle of sealant so all is forgiven.

So today I bought a Small jersey for £13 and I'll be selling the Medium jersey.

Oh, and a second-hand Fulcrum 5 LG cross wheel as a spare just in case either of the two rears we use breaks.

Also a bike box from a club-mate for £100 as son no. 2 needs one for a couple of international races later this year. They're chunky things.

And I won an eBay auction for a wheel-building DVD. £1.03 posted so I can have a go ...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Chain guide for a bit of extra security now I'm on a single ring.

Confession time now, I needed to remove the redundant Microshift front mech and couldn't be bothered to break the chain - so I put a hacksaw blade through the cage and bent it to be able to remove it. I'd already used the same method to remove the front shifter without disturbing the brake lever.

Now I hear howls of horror from the forum membership on this wanton vandalism of cycling kit - but how many of you have ever used a Microshift front mech and trigger shifter? I've done the planet a favour by destroying the useless feckin' things. If they can make a rear mech that works perfectly, what's so hard about a front one?

Top Bottom