What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Proper hex keys! Why didn’t I do this about 40 years ago?!

80521130-41F7-465F-967E-6D8BAC11CD30.jpeg

Proper hex keys! Why didn’t I do this about 40 years ago?!

View attachment 638158
Where did you get these from? I’m after a set to be able to adjust my disc brake at the calliper as the clearance is tight.

DiggyGun

We were shopping in Aldi yesterday and noticed that they had a load of cycling gear at reasonable prices.

Mrs DG and myself ended up getting some short sleeve cycling jerseys. They were only £9.99 each and appear to be quite good and fig well.

Look forward to trying them when the warmer weather is here.

freiston

Veteran
I like to keep a relatively large toolkit in a saddlebag on my bike (as much in case I come across someone in need as for myself) but some tools in it are the only ones I have (I'm specifically thinking cable cutters and cone spanners). I get fed up of having to unload my bag every time I want to use a tool in it.

So today I saw some cheap cone spanners on the Wiggle website and so I bought a couple, 13mm and 15mm, only £2.99 each. I fell for the "free delivery on orders over £20" deal and so added a pedal spanner also for £2.99, a Schwalbe inner tube (£2.99) and a pair of Kool Stop Dura Road dual compound brake pads (£9.99)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Where did you get these from? I’m after a set to be able to adjust my disc brake at the calliper as the clearance is tight.
The final straw for me was trying to adjust the reach on my brake levers, which was almost impossible with a crappy allen key. The length, fit and ball ends on larger sizes make life sooooooo much easier.

Bought from here…

https://www.primetools.co.uk/produc...e-ball-ended-t-handle-hexagon-key-set-2-10mm/

with about 2 days between ordering and receipt. Delivery was free.

They’re not cheap, but unless you’re prone to losing stuff you’re unlikely to be buying them again. I did see the same set a bit cheaper on Amazon, but I don’t do Amazon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
GT85, Muck Off Protect and Shine (good for suspension rubbers) and wine for me. Oh and Berry flavoured car screen wash - smells lovely.

You can't half get some random shoot at Aldi/Lidl.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I bought some Bottles from PX as my old SiS bottles are a bit leaky at the nozzle.

1649089354647.png

They arrived today.

The selcof bottles are made of cheap plastic with little flex which most likely wont last very long if you have a habit of dropping things or the grip of the incredible hulk but they were only 20p each. (I thought, why not!)

I would have thrown the selcof bottles up on the bargain thread but i totally forgot. They are now back at £2.49 (each)

The Zefal's are of much higher quality. I just hope that none of them leak.

I also picked up an Endura Hummvee Gilet last night for £34 as ive lost so much weight that the old one is very flappy and material is bunching up and bulging in the wrong places :whistle:. The outgoing one may be placed for sale soon enough if you need one in XXL :wacko: (its a really good gilet :okay:)

Why so many bottles i hear you ask? -- Summer is coming and i drink like a horse. All outgoing SIS bottles were 1L bottles.

Last edited:
The best bottles I have ever used are from Evan Cycles, they are FWE branded with a twist out nozzle as opposed to pull up. It’s dishwasher safe, thick robust plastic that resists scratching but flexible to squeeze.

kellis

2 pairs of cycle sun glasses from Aldi my last ones lasted 3 years so worth the money

freiston

Veteran
The best bottles I have ever used are from Evan Cycles, they are FWE branded with a twist out nozzle as opposed to pull up. It’s dishwasher safe, thick robust plastic that resists scratching but flexible to squeeze.
After having small dribble/splash leaks from just about every bottle I had tried (especially on bumpy roads), and after having unpleasant muck on the nozzles, I "converted" to Ion8 leak-proof bottles. They are super tough rigid bottles that have an air hole so that you can pour from them easily (you can't squeeze them) but there is a nozzle so you can drink from them without spilling. They have a lockable lid and you can buy spare lids and seals for them (but I've never had to). They don't have the shoulder/recess that typical bidons have - so they won't work with all cages - I changed to Zefal Pulse Full Aluminium Bottle Cages. They're not cheap but they're good and will last. Before I changed my cages, I had one shake out of the cage and hit the ground (a bumpy single-track lane) at about 25mph; not only did the bottle survive, it didn't spill a drop.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
The Emperors new clothes gilet.

1649246646569.jpg

Size L to better fit with my current body proportions. Last one became way too loose and sat too long on my body which caused bunching up and unwanted flapping when breaking the speed limit.

Its an MTB gilet so naturally its more of a relaxed and baggy fit. Followed suggestions in reviews to go down a size for a more form fitting fit and its perfect.

freiston

Veteran
New shoes for me.
Giro Rumble. Last pair had to go in the bin after a couple of years of constant use
I've fancied a pair of those for years now but due to my current cycling shoes lasting ages and looking like they'll last for ages more, I can't justify getting a pair. I missed out on them being for sale a few years back (Evans, I think) at a ridiculously cheap price and have been kicking myself ever since. When I had the spare dosh for cycling footwear, I bought a beefy pair of Lake winter boots as I could justify that as being different enough from my shoes.

Not bought today but delivered today were a couple of pairs of aero socks. I've worn compression socks in the past but I thought I'd dedicate them more to recovery than TT race use. I ordered a red and a blue pair as I wasn't sure what would go best with my Skinsuit. So tredz delivered two blue pairs, the perils of buying online 🙄

Attachments

• 20220407_214757.jpg
    20220407_214757.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom