What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A pair of Durano Plus tyres for the commuter/ Tourer.

Gwylan

Veteran
At 1.5 you’ll be looking at 650b and 47c width roughly.

42c to replace the existing ones, cope with mudguards and the frame dimensions.

LBS came up with a pair at a reasonable price. Bit of tread on them, suggests more wet security. Would have liked wider but these will fit for sure and were available today.

This afternoon taken care of.
Spared me a trip to Halffits

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A pair of Durano Plus tyres for the commuter/ Tourer.

I tried them and TBH wasnt overly impressed, a right swine to get on/off so much so that i once spent a good 10 mins trying to get one off after a flat .I know my rim/tyre combo makes for hard work and thought that a supposedly tough tyre would balance it out but found them no better than zaffiros .
I hope you have better luck

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
having bought some wheels from superstar components i am waiting for them to get back to me to confirm they are right for the intended bikes , @DCLane did have a look at his and they sound ok but im waiting with baited breath

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bought an S-Works Evade helmet for the new track season. I went down on mine last year and I'm not convinced it's 100% safe any more.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I tried them and TBH wasnt overly impressed, a right swine to get on/off so much so that i once spent a good 10 mins trying to get one off after a flat .I know my rim/tyre combo makes for hard work and thought that a supposedly tough tyre would balance it out but found them no better than zaffiros .
I hope you have better luck

I've never had a problem with them myself. But as you say, its rim dependent. Zaffiros wouldn't last 5 minutes on my commute through the mean streets of SE London.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had to re-order a different wheelset from Superstar - they had run out of the XC wheels, so I've ordered the wider rim "Downhill" wheelset - i.e. overbuilt with upgraded hubs. Only £18 more. On the cancellation they said this was the only 650b wheelset they had left in my size. This probably means this wheelset becomes the default wheels on my bike, and my originals go as spares due to the hub and rim upgrade.

Top Bottom