What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
@Jenkins if you’ve got 180mm adaptors then wiggle have some rotors in for abo it £15 a popz

I've got a £10 off a £50 order code for Tredz so I'll get a standard 160mm one off there when I order a spare bottom bracket after payday.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A bargain Muc-Off complete cleaning kit with various brushes, sponges, cleaners, lube etc etc. A detailers dream infact !!

And a couple of sets of throwaway lights for the kids bikes etc at a mammoth £1.29 a set. Oh; and some supposedly really hardwearing floor paint for the man-cave…

Attachments

• AFF7D5FC-3736-46BF-A01E-341294C494D6.jpeg
    AFF7D5FC-3736-46BF-A01E-341294C494D6.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 7
  • C0E4FC35-54E0-4B4D-9666-9E13EC9687C7.jpeg
    C0E4FC35-54E0-4B4D-9666-9E13EC9687C7.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 6

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Three jockey wheels to replace the ones used yesterday. Some CR2032 batteries for HRM and other stuff.

Oh, and a new Microshift 10-speed groupset that I'm going to have a play with on a frame somewhere.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Time to spend the C*****mas vouchers/cash

2 x PC1110 chains from Halfords for the total of £3.40 cash after British Cycling discount & gift voucher

From Tredz (thanks to a £10 off a £50 order)...
Shimano 6-bolt disc rotor to centrelock adaptor (I have 2 spare new 6 bolt discs but need a centrelock one and this was about the same price)
Hope DOT 5.1 brake fluid
BBB jockey wheels
BBB brake pads
ETC 10 speed chain
Vavert inner tube (to keep in the locker at work just in case)

Last edited:
Noticed that Beautiful Wife's bike tyres are looking a bit dodgy, not surprising as they were on the bike when I bought it used ca 12 years ago and it was probably a good ten to fifteen years old then. I've bought a set of Marathon plus tour tyres and will now start a complex round of 'cascading' tyres amongst the bikes, so the most heavily used bike gets the new tyres, and the next well used bikes gets the next set, and so on. Beautiful Wife rides within the local town and not in bad weather, but she'll appreciate the smoother tread of the Marathon plus tyres I expect.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A pair of Gaerne Carbon Road shoes with BOA fastening for £69.99 on Chain Reaction down from £179.99. Just had my size as I'm a 43 in road shoes/44 MTB so went for 43.5. Next suitable size was 44.5 which would be too big with thin socks (summer shoe).

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
To encourage myself to commute to work by bike (Which I’ve NEVER done before) I’ve just bought a reduced price and relaxed Geometry Fuji Sportiv.

I’ve always had the ‘excuse’ of not wanting to use my reasonably expensive other road bike - and leave on a site with constant welding / grinding / painting going on. Or for doing 16 miles on Tarmac on my MTB….

So excuse free we head into 2023. I’ve been deciding whether or not to for a while. So mind made up - I feel quite excited and am now looking forward to it. I think 🤔

Attachments

• BA2C6A7A-21F4-4625-B242-01DA5FEE6B0A.jpeg
    BA2C6A7A-21F4-4625-B242-01DA5FEE6B0A.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 5

Alex321

Veteran
A new front shifter (£167), ordered from Tredz today. LBS says a ratchet is broken in the current one, and his suppliers aren't open until Tuesday, so quicker for me to order it and him fit it when it arrives.

Also a new bottom bracket and pedals for my old hybrid, so I have something to ride until that bike is back on the road.

To encourage myself to commute to work by bike (Which I’ve NEVER done before) I’ve just bought a reduced price and relaxed Geometry Fuji Sportiv.

I’ve always had the ‘excuse’ of not wanting to use my reasonably expensive other road bike - and leave on a site with constant welding / grinding / painting going on. Or for doing 16 miles on Tarmac on my MTB….

So excuse free we head into 2023. I’ve been deciding whether or not to for a while. So mind made up - I feel quite excited and am now looking forward to it. I think 🤔

Hope it goes vaguely to plan. Have fun and tell us all about it.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Hope it goes vaguely to plan. Have fun and tell us all about it.

Thanks Andy - and very Happy New Year to you 👋

It’s 7.8 miles (direct) each way in the car.

I absolutely won’t be going that way though. And have a range of ‘scenic’ routes planned of I suspect something like 10 miles each way. Norfolk broads, plenty of Countryside, interesting Churches, I’m right near the sea etc. Should be plenty to keep the brain engaged whilst commuting 😎

Top Bottom