What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I got properly mega soaked last week. So many times my cycling rain gear has failed after extended rain batterings so I have gone all caveman like and bought......a poncho!
The People's Hardy 3.0 in super attention seeking high viz black.

Keeps you really dry till you put arm out to signal a turn :laugh:

Also good for interval training in a headwind :whistle:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Cages for the Fuji :smile:

12x8_img_6216a-jpg.jpg

The bikes are looking pretty well rounded now; clothing still lacking (especially as I want to try to brave the weather more this winter) however that's always a non-starter as I hate buying mail order (inability to try on without the hassle of return etc) and I don't think I've got any chance of sampling decent cycling gear round these parts..

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
A couple of pairs of Decathlon liner gloves and a couple of pairs of their cheap mitts. I wear the mitts over the liner gloves as a quite effective pair of winter gloves and it's cheaper than buying long finger gloves.
Glove liners and mitts are my choice for spring and autumn, easy to put liners in pocket when day warms up after a chilly Start. I do wear winter gloves , my current ones are from the large German cycle shop. That’s the one sells groceries as well.

si_c

Guru
Some new spoke nipples for the dynamo front wheel for the Kinesis, means I can swap the rim over easier as the existing nipples are a bit grim and look corroded.

Tiggy

A bike cover. Cheapy from Halfords to cover my bike at work. I'm a dry weather cyclist but I do worry about dampness getting into the electrics.

Not bought yet but finding reviews of bike carriers to stick it on my car.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My old tights finally died on me (a large rip in one leg and a broken zip) so I bought a pair of THESE. (I would say the sizing is optimistic - L is more like M, and the XL that I bought is more like L. Fortunately, I have been losing weight so I can get into them They are a tight fit but another couple of kg weight loss and they will be perfect for me - 1.86 m and currently 81.2 kg or 6' 1" and 12 st 11 lbs)

I had cold fingers on my last ride so I also bought some MERINO GLOVE LINERS.

Both seem pretty good quality though I haven't actually ridden in them yet.

I had an offer of £2 cashback for spending £5+ so I bought a spare 8-speed chain for my singlespeed bike which effectively only cost me £5.79.

I was just in our local ALDI and spotted a cycling jersey which was going for the bargain price of... £0.79!! How could I not buy it? :laugh:

Crane cycling jersey.jpg

I doubt that I will ever wear it by itself out on the bike but it will make a good turbo trainer jersey, or extra base layer on cold days.

The sizing on this one is way out! If the hunk in that photo is wearing the same size as the one I bought then there must be something at the back of the jersey taking up the slack (a number of clothes pegs? :whistle:) - my L is more like an XXL! I normally wear XL but this L hangs really loose on me. Still, for £0.79 I am not going to complain! It will be a very good breathable alternative to wearing a baggy t-shirt.

Chislenko

Veteran
Not today but last week, some new wheels for my winter bike on the Black Friday event at Merlin.

Vision Team 35 which were £195. They are a nice looking wheel and not a great deal more than basic "trainer wheels" They are now "in the sale" at £229.

The braking surface on the wheels they replaced was non existent and stopping the bike had become a bit of a lottery!

Altogether quite pleased with them although a non-splined 8-9 speed spacer was a new one on me especially as they were advertised as SRAM / Shimano specific.

Not today but last week, some new wheels for my winter bike on the Black Friday event at Merlin.

Vision Team 35 which were £195. They are a nice looking wheel and not a great deal more than basic "trainer wheels" They are now "in the sale" at £229.

The braking surface on the wheels they replaced was non existent and stopping the bike had become a bit of a lottery!

Altogether quite pleased with them although a non-splined 8-9 speed spacer was a new one on me especially as they were advertised as SRAM / Shimano specific.
Now back down to £166.50 for the disc version.

Top Bottom