What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A properly flat handlebar from PlanetX for the Ribble ebike as I just can't get on with the ones fitted which are risers with a slight backward sweep and slightly too wide. I've done a quick check with a tape measure and although the nose of the saddle to the centre of the stem distance is the same as on my Pickenflick flatbar, the end of the bars are 2.5cm closer so this should replicate the comfortable riding position of the Pickenflick.

freiston

Veteran
It hasn't arrived yet but a Deda Elementi Dog Fang Chain Catcher.

I've been meaning to get one for ages: there's a few times when I've dropped my chain off the little chainring (always when going from middle to little with a bad mix of cadence and tension, usually when the need for a lower gear has taken me by surprise or I chanced it on the middle ring too late) and it has got really stuck.

Once, after what seemed like ages trying to get it unjammed, I resigned myself to having to break the chain and so set to getting my tool saddlebag off the bike. Whilst doing this, the chain miraculously fell free from it's entanglement and it became a simple case of putting it back on the ring. I don't want to go through that again.

A Hope District+ rear light. Great quality and good heavens, it's bright. It replaces my old Knog light that doesn't hold a charge for more than one commute. Mind you it's over 7 years old so I've more than had my money's worth from it.

:thumbsup:

Really like mine, had it for about 4 years now and still working fine; also have a Hope front with runs off the same battery with a splitter cable.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Been meaning to buy one of these since I got my Super Galaxy should put the Garmin in a slightly better place and allow for a second light if needed.

IMG_20221018_163738.jpg

Order placed with Wizard Works for some stuff after chatting with Harry at Bespoked a few weeks ago; probably be a few weeks before they arrive though.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Picked up from the Post Office this morning...
IMG_20221029_121605415.jpg

To be fitted to the Pickenflick flat bar, teamed with an 11-28 cassette and the current short cage Rival derailleur. It's currently on a 46/36 double and a 12-26 cassette and my calculations show that this will give me roughly the same gears that I use most.

honeybadger

Put on a new freehub on my summer bike the other day after realising the other was decidedly notchey for want of a better word. (Well, it had done 20 thousand miles :laugh:)Wanted to replace like for like but after looking online the cheapest Dura ace 9000 I could find was £240 :ohmy: A quick google unveiled that a Ultegra would fit with a saving of £210. Sure it was 40g heavier but I’d rather go to the toilet for a number 2 before I set off for a ride than spend an extra £210 :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
An older type of Crivit (Lidl) track pump from a local charity shop. Plastic as opposed to tinplate. Actually provides a really good belt of air!
£3

I have one and although works ok I have to half deflate my road tyres as it seems the pressure in the tube stops it starting to work above a certain pressure

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New mini pump bought this week,my old one although working the bit that stops the head from rattling has worn so it's annoying.yes I taped it up but when it's cold the chances of getting it undone are remote

Top Bottom