What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally arrived...

WD40_01.jpg

razabbs

A couple sets of different stickers. I was looking for a set of stickers with the flag on and with my bike being Dark Blue didn't think I could go for a standard colour Union Flag. With the text on my bike (Planet X etc.) being a light blue I've gone for Cyan. Hoping it looks okay. While I was browsing I saw that 'Shut up Legs' sticker so I had to grab one.

I'm also just back from a ride today. Went with the fleecy leggings and gloves (standard T-shirt though, I don't like a heavy top) which kept me perfectly warm but not hot. Furthermore I'm still getting to grips with my Garmin Edge 830 so I worked out before this ride how to broadcast my HR from my Garmin smartwatch to the Edge; that worked fine so all the data is encapsulated in one 'workout'. The wind wasn't as bad or as head-windy as I was expecting and the road I had a great tailwind on was recently resurfaced. Because of that and the bike frame being :wub::wub::wub: the only sound breaking the silence was the road noise from the tyres and wheels.

I enjoy cycling of course, but I really enjoyed that ride.

1664291471515.png

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
A couple sets of different stickers. I was looking for a set of stickers with the flag on and with my bike being Dark Blue didn't think I could go for a standard colour Union Flag. With the text on my bike (Planet X etc.) being a light blue I've gone for Cyan. Hoping it looks okay. While I was browsing I saw that 'Shut up Legs' sticker so I had to grab one.

I'm also just back from a ride today. Went with the fleecy leggings and gloves (standard T-shirt though, I don't like a heavy top) which kept me perfectly warm but not hot. Furthermore I'm still getting to grips with my Garmin Edge 830 so I worked out before this ride how to broadcast my HR from my Garmin smartwatch to the Edge; that worked fine so all the data is encapsulated in one 'workout'. The wind wasn't as bad or as head-windy as I was expecting and the road I had a great tailwind on was recently resurfaced. Because of that and the bike frame being :wub::wub::wub: the only sound breaking the silence was the road noise from the tyres and wheels.

I enjoy cycling of course, but I really enjoyed that ride.

View attachment 662573

I have that shut up legs sticker in a fab orange 🍊 the guy who sold them only lived round the corner so he dropped it off with a free one as he had saved on postage.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm heading down to Devon to stay with my sister and need to work on the bike I keep there. I have looked everywhere up here but cannot find my Shimano cassette tool. I reckon that I might have lent it to a mate but he claims not to have it. Life's too short to spend any more time trying to track it down so I am getting Amazon Prime to deliver a new one down there. It should get there before me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A couple of cheap Ali-Express 'self contained' bike lights. I don't need more but with VAT/delivery they were £20 each. Should arrive in a few weeks !

Why ?

These are the reflective type - i.e. beam cut off - should be useful for the Fallowfield Loop as my other lights don't have a cut off and I won't blind other cyclists/walkers. Down side is, I'll probably be blinded by others, but at least with these the light will be on the ground in front of me.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Two pairs of Shimano road cleats, to replace worn-out ones.

A set of Elite Arion rollers, with two cracked rollers. Why buy broken rollers? Well ... we've a set with a broken frame, but nice solid rollers and I'll make a working one out of the bits of both for £30. Plus a lunch out with SWMBO en route to collect them.

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm heading down to Devon to stay with my sister and need to work on the bike I keep there. I have looked everywhere up here but cannot find my Shimano cassette tool. I reckon that I might have lent it to a mate but he claims not to have it. Life's too short to spend any more time trying to track it down so I am getting Amazon Prime to deliver a new one down there. It should get there before me.

Enjoy he steep hills!

Must catch up sometime.

How far are you from Bude??

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Enjoy he steep hills!
I will be avoiding most of them this visit! I might nip down to Exmouth and/or Dawlish, both easy rides from here. I have some other equally undemanding routes to keep me occupied too.

Must catch up sometime.
Yes - see the Cheshire thread.

How far are you from Bude??
Closer than I guessed but still quite a long ride - around 80 km/50 miles each way. (From Crediton area.)

Top Bottom