What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Brought half a bike....

Discovery 301 minus rear wheel and gear cables. Was found in the hedge on canal reckon owner had enough of it and chucked it!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-223524.png
    Screenshot_20220906-223524.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 9

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
So much Cycle related spending this week;

Bought 4 Conti GP5000 Tan wall 700c x 25mm Clincher Tyres for stock, £30 each from Sigma Sports.
Used Code SIGNUP10 for £10 off orders over £100 and 3% back via Quidco so less than £27 per tyre.
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Continental/GP5000-Clincher-Tyre/KJ5Z.

A pair of Oakley Radar Prism Road sunglasses from ProBikeKit.

Also bought a Rapha rain Jacket and Socks in their sale.

Also more base layers, 2 short sleeve & 2 long sleeve in the Le Col sale, the best base layers I’ve ever had. Used my £50 off Strava voucher so excellent value.

Finally a new Garmin Edge out front mount for my Dolan from Ebay.

Last edited:

Ian_w

IMG_20220912_181342.jpg
I bought my first ever brand new bike. GT Avalanche Expert. Very happy.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A couple of base layers for son no.2 as we found he hadn't got many summer ones when sorting his stuff for university.

A Dura-Ace 9100 brake caliper.

A carbon front wheel - just need the matching RSP Calavera one now.

Some rear brake pads for the Shimano CX-50's on the Avanti Circa.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
A couple of base layers for son no.2 as we found he hadn't got many summer ones when sorting his stuff for university.

A Dura-Ace 9100 brake caliper.

A carbon front wheel - just need the matching RSP Calavera one now.

Some rear brake pads for the Shimano CX-50's on the Avanti Circa.

What pads did you go for? I have the cx-50s on my Super Galaxy and I am using dura-ace ones and find them naff in the wet. I'll probably put some Fibrax ones on tomorrow if I get chance as I have some in stock, but would be interested in experience.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What pads did you go for? I have the cx-50s on my Super Galaxy and I am using dura-ace ones and find them naff in the wet. I'll probably put some Fibrax ones on tomorrow if I get chance as I have some in stock, but would be interested in experience.

Just the standard Shimano CX-50 pads. I've tried a couple of others and struggled to get them to work well.

The CX-50 pads are expensive though.

Top Bottom