What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Now back down to £166.50 for the disc version.

I'm a rim bloke!!

There does appear to be a reversal of fortunes now, rim braked wheels always seemed to be cheaper but now disc brake wheels are becoming more prevalent they are now cheaper. I suppose supply and demand.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The Avanti Circa 1's SRAM Rival rear derailleur's not shifting too well - which may be something with me wellying it through a gatepost and catching it earlier this week. I've picked up a spare cheaply off eBay just in case I bent it.

Just bought a fan for indoor trainer use; we'll see if it arrives before Christmas.

Also looked on the CHPT3 site as I was thinking of getting their cargo bibs but none in my size, same with the Community Clothing hoodies.

DCLane

Glad it's sorted👍

Not yet. I just hope they fit - but given it's an Argon E-116 with very fiddly gearing and brakes I'll get the LBS to fit the part. They'll love me for that given their best mechanic's last comment to me after installing new gear/brake cables last year was "take it away, I never want to see this bike again". Mind you, I did promise cake for doing the repair AND building Son no 2's Ridley Noah Fast with the fiddly integrated bars ... which I delivered on. Lots of cake :mrpig:

I'll get them to put new bar tape on as well since that needs updating as well.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I bought this period correct Midland Case Company rear bag for my Dawes Kingpin, brand-new old stock and it’s in its sealed wrapper with original price-tag.

E32FE8A7-A27B-444A-B9A2-F572BC8561F4.jpeg

9C76C8B9-DB8D-429C-A154-1B22F400100B.jpeg

DCLane

@davidphillips - providing it fits me I'll be building one of these in the New Year: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/thompson-capella-review/

Basically my Raleigh SP Race commuter / winter bike would go onto the turbo instead of the Dawes Giro 400 I've recently built up once it's all done, with the Dawes components going onto the to-arrive frame being the plan. The 'new to me' frame purchase would become the new commuter bike for a bit.

I just hope the frame size fits me as I've had to guess a bit. The auction ended this morning and I really hope the seller honours the deal after a bike auction win last week was cancelled by the seller without notice.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Lifeline fluid trainer as my old elite volare is knackered . just taken an electric sander and a file to the plastic flywheel cover as it had literally started melting around the edge where it was catching on the cover plate where the cable goes in .
new one will not be here till the new year though and the only way for me to ride the next few days is zwift

davidphilips

Veteran
@davidphillips - providing it fits me I'll be building one of these in the New Year: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/thompson-capella-review/

Basically my Raleigh SP Race commuter / winter bike would go onto the turbo instead of the Dawes Giro 400 I've recently built up once it's all done, with the Dawes components going onto the to-arrive frame being the plan. The 'new to me' frame purchase would become the new commuter bike for a bit.

I just hope the frame size fits me as I've had to guess a bit. The auction ended this morning and I really hope the seller honours the deal after a bike auction win last week was cancelled by the seller without notice.

Very nice, health to ride and hope to see pictures when finished, noticed a frameset sold on Ebay for a fraction of what a compleate bikes worth so fingers crossed you will have a great bike, happy Christmas and happy cycling.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
With PlanetX having 20% off everything for the day, I picked up the bits I needed to change my Spa Elan from Shimano to SRAM 1x as I prefer the Double Tap system and the simplicity of the 1x set-up with it being supplied on 2 of my bikes and having converted another couple.
Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 19-40-35 Basket Planet X.png

I already have a SRAM Apex 1 rear deraileur which is 11 speed and Exact Actuation so will work with the Rival 22 shifter, a 46 tooth narrow/wide chainring to fit to the current Rival crankset (I'm keeping my eye out for a cheap Apex/Rival 1 crankset) and 1 new disc rotor, so that just leaves a single centrelock disc rotor to source.

Top Bottom