What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was in Lidl earlier and saw that they had some sporty gear in 'Middle of Lidl'. The base layers looked quite nice. The long-sleeved base layer that I normally wear had seen better days over 10 years ago(!), so I took a punt on one of these equivalent Lidl base layers.

Lidl (and Aldi) sizing is often way too generous so despite normally wearing XL I bought it in a nominal L, which did indeed turn out to be more like XL!

As advertised... it is soft and warm (I am sitting around wearing it in the house now). It does have a generously long back. The neck is not digging in to my throat, unlike on similar garments that I have bought in the past. I don't yet know how it will perform when I am on the bike. They reckon that it is 'moisture-wicking and quick-drying' but I suspect that it may hold onto sweat a bit too much. I'll wear it on tomorrow's ride to find out and will report back!

Anyway, a good deal for £6.99 even if it does turn out unsuitable for strenuous cycling. If it sounds good to you, buy now, but remember to go a size smaller than usual.

Lidl long sleeved base layer.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Couple of tubes 🙄

Got 4 bikes here with either 28” or 700c wheels with tyres from 28 to 32c wide.
My anal self has decided to stick exactly the same tube in all bikes (And have multiple spares) - so they all look the same valve-wise. And continue to do so when changed after a puncture.

Beats dying rich and bored…..

Attachments

• 0E4B325D-4E20-4D7C-B33D-5A1D3C0B4B67.jpeg
    0E4B325D-4E20-4D7C-B33D-5A1D3C0B4B67.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 2

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Road test of my new long-sleeved base layer...]
They reckon that it is 'moisture-wicking and quick-drying' but I suspect that it may hold onto sweat a bit too much. I'll wear it on tomorrow's ride to find out and will report back!
I wore it for a 30 minute ride including some small hills and it felt fine. It kept me warm and comfortable. It would be too warm for me for long, very strenuous rides, but I don't do many of them in cold weather. For cool conditions only, I would say.

It should be good for winter walks too.

PS I wore it on an undulating/lumpy 50 km ride today. There was a chilly wind blowing. It helped take the chill off and I didn't find it sweat-inducing. A good buy! I might nip back into Lidl tomorrow and see if they have any more left in the L size...

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Cateye Ampp1100 popped up on eBay for £25 - ex-display - so bought. I've found them useful for commuting.

Top Bottom