What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Someone in this thread recently bought a kickstand for their bike - I can't remember who, but thanks anyway - I realised that was just what I needed for both of my two hybrids.

One kickstand (une béquille pour vélo, in French) acquired and fitted on my Shaper 200 (the "Princess") - will get the other one next week.

Here's the Princess, showing off her new fashion accessory ..

Princess béquille.jpg

Someone in this thread recently bought a kickstand for their bike - I can't remember who, but thanks anyway - I realised that was just what I needed for both of my two hybrids.

One kickstand (une béquille pour vélo, in French) acquired and fitted on my Shaper 200 (the "Princess") - will get the other one next week.
Here's the Princess, showing off her new fashion accessory ..
nice job. I'm a fan of kickstands & might probably add one to my road bike

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds good. My rebuild of the Marin will use some 54-559 City Jets, which are now discontinued. When (if!) I wear those out, will have to look for something completely new.

These have 'some' tread and aren't too skinny to look stupid. I once ran the bike on 1.2" City Slickers (Hutchinson) - they were real quick, but didn't last too long and punctured. The one I've got are Wiggle's Lifeline Essential Commuter in 1.75

ordered some tires. Sshhh ... don't tell Wifey :secret:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
5 DHB helmets, 1@£7.50, 4@£5 each. 2 different styles, they both fit the shape of my head and feel very comfortable, delighted.
2 pairs of DHB Dorica MTB shoes in Camo. 1@£12.50 and another pair at £10 after they were reduced again. The size 42 fit great, I haven’t tried the 43, the plan is to use these when I need to wear a couple of pairs of thick socks.
1 pair of DHB hi viz wind proof gloves for £5.
1 Neck tube by Buff (the best imo) £6.

All the above from Wiggle after spotting on the ‘found a bargain do tell’ thread.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
View attachment 678162

Slowly the elements are coming together for the current project. I may go for a more 'blue' shade but will try this on the frame first.

Let us know how this goes. I went with car spray on my two refurbs - takes longer to dry properly, but I wanted a really smooth finish. Perlescent white - took quite a bit of work as the primer has to be perfectly white - top coat is transparrent. The Ford gunmetal was a doddle in comparison.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Like @Spiderweb - 6 x DHB helmets, 4 x DHB shoes and 2 x Gatorskin's in 27 1/4" size. Shoes £10, helmets mostly £5 and one £15, tyres £7. If they don't fit they'll go on eBay but both son no. 2 and myself need new commuter helmets and shoes.

Also thanks to the 'Bargains' thread 30m of red gear cable for £4 plus I needed black brake outer cable so 2 x 5m of that to reach the £15 needed for free delivery.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
After winging it for many years; i recently 'built' puncture repair 'kits' (Tube, mini pump, glue-less patches, CO2 cannister, mini tyre levers etc) that fit in a tool holders; that in turn fit into water bottle cages for the Road / Commuter and Gravel bikes. Also made the wife up a kit for her commutes to work......

This Morning i've bought a handful of spare tubes, another set of tyre levers, mini pump and tiny small rucksack to use for this kit when out on the MTB.

Here's hoping i'll be as lucky as i have been in the past; and don't need any or all of this too often ! :whistle:

Let us know how this goes. I went with car spray on my two refurbs - takes longer to dry properly, but I wanted a really smooth finish. Perlescent white - took quite a bit of work as the primer has to be perfectly white - top coat is transparrent. The Ford gunmetal was a doddle in comparison.

I must admit I didn't think of car spray. Do you mean Halford paint or direct from the car dealers?

The frame(s) are currently sitting in our in-house car workshop and will hopefully have their new lugs applied when I go over on Wednesday. The story is presented in excruciating detail here.

Top Bottom