What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Middle Son has been ‘forced’ into biking to work because of road closures in Lowestoft (New Bridge being built) for the next 6 months; and starting March 1st !

So good old Dad here: has given Son the current Carrera MTB / run-around. And taken the opportunity to buy something slightly nicer for himself. That turned out ok then didn’t it 😉

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-nucleus-27-vrs-mountain-bike/rp-prod206922

Attachments

• E94F3D10-3959-4236-BEF0-EC89A483CA08.jpeg
    E94F3D10-3959-4236-BEF0-EC89A483CA08.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 4

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
^^^Followed up with some DMR V8’s, spare tubes, Chain-stay protection and a few other little odd-n-sods this Morning.

Fingers crossed it’s here by next weekend. Can’t wait to get out on it…….

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Picked up some Five Ten Sleuth DLX Mens MTB Cycling Shoes in a fetching green colour, well, well I think it is, my wife slightly less convinced.

They are currently on sale in most places for £60 but I managed to get them for £35 from the addidas outlet near my house. I was about to go to decathlon one night this week to buy some new shoes to ride in and these are o my a few quid more than the ones I got last time.

Alex321

Veteran
One Marathon+ tyre and two new inner tubes from Halfords.

To replace one of the Specialized Armadillo tyres I bought in July - the rear tyre was worn out when I punctured (for the first time) on Saturday. It had done around 2,400 miles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I may have 'won' a pair of XT M737 hubs for my Diamond Back MTB. Got them for £50 delivered. Front is apparently unused.

I may now need rims, spokes, nipples, cassette & rim tape. Got tyres though.

Existing wheels are Decathlon disc/rim brake compatible, and don't quite have the vintage look. I'll save these as winter wheels once I build up the XT hubs.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Time for upgrade to a more suitable skid lid for this years mtb plans and best of all it was a pressie !

parachute-mtb-helmet-AN-grid.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I left my bike lights at my sister's place in Devon so I bought some more to use up here. I don't ride much in the dark - the lights will mainly be used for long rides when I am coming back around sunset. Maybe also flashing on daytime rides to give drivers even less excuse for not seeing me...

So, I took a punt on some cheapos from eBay - THESE. They came today and I am quite impressed for the price (£10.99 for a front light and two rears).

Here is the feedback that I just left...

V rapid delivery. Items as described, except I'm sure that the front light is not 1200 lumens, not that I expected it to be! It is a very good 'be seen by' light & would do for dark roads as long as you were not going too quickly. I am tempted to buy a 2nd set & have 1 front light pointed ahead more, and 1 pointed down. The rear lights are very bright and eye-catching. I will use 1 and keep the other in reserve in case the 1st's battery goes flat. V pleased, as long as lights last a few years.
The rear light mounts are slightly different to those shown. All 3 lights attach with stretchy rubber bands so they will be easy to move from bike to bike, or to take off when leaving the bike somewhere where they might be stolen. The separate band on the front could be replaced if it eventually broke. The ones on the rear are each attached at one end so it would be more of a faff to replace them, but something could be improvised if need be.

The rear lights rattle slightly in their mounts so I stuck a piece of duct tap on each mounting tab to take up the slack. Sorted!

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Just bought some ST-5600 2x10 shifters for my Boardman build. I had planned on using the 2x8 Sora ones from my Dawes Giro, but I do much prefer the double paddle rather than the thumb lever on the Sora's.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been looking for a rear wheel to compliment a Raleigh Calevera carbon front but they're difficult to find. So picked up a Sublime (Bristol LBS's own brand) rear which'll do for now.

Also a 99p new left hand crank from a Miche Pistard Air - I only need the middle bit and washer for my broken LH one.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I left my bike lights at my sister's place in Devon so I bought some more to use up here. I don't ride much in the dark - the lights will mainly be used for long rides when I am coming back around sunset. Maybe also flashing on daytime rides to give drivers even less excuse for not seeing me...

So, I took a punt on some cheapos from eBay - THESE. They came today and I am quite impressed for the price (£10.99 for a front light and two rears).

Here is the feedback that I just left...

The rear light mounts are slightly different to those shown. All 3 lights attach with stretchy rubber bands so they will be easy to move from bike to bike, or to take off when leaving the bike somewhere where they might be stolen. The separate band on the front could be replaced if it eventually broke. The ones on the rear are each attached at one end so it would be more of a faff to replace them, but something could be improvised if need be.

The rear lights rattle slightly in their mounts so I stuck a piece of duct tap on each mounting tab to take up the slack. Sorted!

t6 peak about 700 lumen
have to keep me updated on usage and run time as im looking for new front lights as mine although ok i cant change modes whilst riding as the button is too small and one of them the switch is getting a bit problematic

Top Bottom