What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For me when on the bike, rather than the bike itself... another of THESE stretchy belts to use to hold my Endura Humvees up. I bought one a while back and greatly prefer having a stretchy belt round my waist when bending forwards on the bike, rather than the original uncomfortable Endura non-stretchy belt. I have two pairs of Humvees (one pair in Yorkshire and one at my sister's house in Devon) so it made sense to buy a second belt to save having to keep swapping the other belt back and forth.

This months order arrived today, much to the discomfort of the accounts department. Now I have the parts to finish several bikes so hopefully they'll get over it when these bikes are sold.

Most of the order was new mudguards and chainguards as I've found these the most common time eaters: they're frequently broken on donated bikes and the only real solution is to replace them with new parts; otherwise you spend hours faffing about trying to make something fit, and we won't get that money back from the customer.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
A front and rear light set in Aldi. £2.99 the lot. Including little batteries.
An emergency spare that do not take much room. Won't be the end of the world if they get nicked.

Gwylan

Veteran
bought a set too for the exact same reason

Great minds at work here then

Softlips

Regular
Trying to order a new free hub but out of stock everywhere, then found I can get a service kit with the parts I need for 5% of the cost of a new one....result!

I accidentally sent the Trangia stove I ordered to my home address, not to work, and Beautiful Daughter was very interested when I opened the box and insisted that I show her how to put it together. This took some rapid reading of instructions while I worked it out.

2023_04_29_Trangia.jpg

Her verdict: "It looks like a Crocodile".

Top Bottom