What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
They're identical lenses to the ones they replaced except for the prescription, which I've used from midsummer Mediterranean to midwinter British riding.

I've just come back from a ride in the spring sunshine, they're perfect for me, and I don't think different to the previous. I guess how dark you like your lenses is personal preference.

Thanks for the information. Before I bought my current specs I'd naively thought that all p.c. lenses were much the same.

simongt

Guru
I have brought my bikes a new friend
My bikes have two friends each, the GLWs bikes have four friends each - ! ^_^
Much as I'd like to level the odds, we've nae more space, although I've always fancied a recumbent - ! :laugh:

TC99

Regular
I'm new here, hello.

I bought a Brompton P line through the cycle to work scheme. Very pleased. Now am skint as I have bought a few extras to go with it.
  • Datatag marking set
  • Front and back lights (Temu)
  • Hinge springs, (aliexpress)
  • New lock for under desk (Temu)
  • Front bag (Brompton)
  • Front bag for beer (Temu)
  • Apple Air tag and holder (Amazon)
  • Valve adaptors (Ebay)
  • Silicon grease (Ebay)
  • Hard knuckle gloves (Temu)
  • Cycling jacket (wiggle)
  • Autoglym ceramic spray coating (Ebay)
  • A bag (Ikea)
  • A little key ring in the style of a Brompton (aliexpress)
  • A pack of stickers which include a few Union Jacks. This will be the only time in life I will have something with a Union Jack on it and it strangely does not feel weird. (aliexpress)
I have got the fold and unfold down to just several minutes!

The weather has been pants in London so it just sits in my front room getting dusted now and then. :smile:

I look at insurance, read the policy wording and then procrastinate a bit more. I am a bit cynical and take a view that many of these policies just wont pay out or are not worth it due to a massive excess.

Gwylan

Veteran
I'm new here, hello.

I bought a Brompton P line through the cycle to work scheme. Very pleased. Now am skint as I have bought a few extras to go with it.
  • Datatag marking set
  • Front and back lights (Temu)
  • Hinge springs, (aliexpress)
  • New lock for under desk (Temu)
  • Front bag (Brompton)
  • Front bag for beer (Temu)
  • Apple Air tag and holder (Amazon)
  • Valve adaptors (Ebay)
  • Silicon grease (Ebay)
  • Hard knuckle gloves (Temu)
  • Cycling jacket (wiggle)
  • Autoglym ceramic spray coating (Ebay)
  • A bag (Ikea)
  • A little key ring in the style of a Brompton (aliexpress)
  • A pack of stickers which include a few Union Jacks. This will be the only time in life I will have something with a Union Jack on it and it strangely does not feel weird. (aliexpress)
I have got the fold and unfold down to just several minutes!

The weather has been pants in London so it just sits in my front room getting dusted now and then. :smile:

I look at insurance, read the policy wording and then procrastinate a bit more. I am a bit cynical and take a view that many of these policies just wont pay out or are not worth it due to a massive excess.

I'm not your banker. Enjoy every moment.
I refuse to admit being jealous.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just took a punt on a 'faulty' 4iii power crank. I'm working on the assumption that they should be pretty reliable so hopefully the problem is just that the battery is flat or not making a decent contact. :whistle:

If not then I have spent £55.69 on a spare crank which does NOT measure power! :laugh:

(I did a similar thing 2 years ago with a 'faulty' phone. That turned out to be a very simple fix - 10 seconds work with a pin to scrape the fluff out from the microphone hole!)

PS I just found THIS ARTICLE which should be useful in my dead power crank-reviving project!

Last edited:

C R

Guru
Naturally, the type of crank matches the type of bottom bracket on the bike. Only a blithering idiot would get swept up in a late-night bargain-hunting frenzy and order an incompatible crank... :whistle:

(Now plans purchase of otherwise unnecessary compatible bike! :banghead:)

There's no such thing as an unnecessary bike, you should know that by now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am a bit busy for the next couple of weeks but after that I will look into replacing the BB and crankset on my 6-speed (ex singlespeed) bike with Hollowtech II parts so I can use the (non?) power crank on that bike.

In the end I will probably have spent £200 on new parts on the bike but not be any better off!

Gwylan

Veteran
Naturally, the type of crank matches the type of bottom bracket on the bike. Only a blithering idiot would get swept up in a late-night bargain-hunting frenzy and order an incompatible crank... :whistle:

(Now plans purchase of otherwise unnecessary compatible bike! :banghead:)

Is there a translation from the Polish available?

I have a bike, it has wheels and they are round and go around

Top Bottom