What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think pricing is now as low as it will go, been monitoring some items myself and the price hasn’t shifted for 3 weeks but noticed stock levels dwindling.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I think pricing is now as low as it will go, been monitoring some items myself and the price hasn’t shifted for 3 weeks but noticed stock levels dwindling.

In some cases I suspect you're right.. although since I've purposefully been sitting on my hands I've seen two items of interest halve in price; along with a couple I'd irritatingly already bought; although they were small and cheap so not the end of the world.

I doubt the Shimano / not-own-brand stuff will come down a lot more; again I have my eye on a few bits but they're still comparable to ebay prices.

The jacket I ordered yesterday is now "low in stock" and still at the same price I paid, so I feel vindicated for that order :smile:

It will be interesting to see how things pan out later in the week - when I was watching what was going on prior to buying my MTB it seems that a lot of sales happened over the weekend, which I guess makes sense.

I bought a pair of these https://www.galibier.cc/product/barrier-deep-winter-cycling-gloves/ as they seemed to have good reviews and have a bit more wrist protection/ cuff than my current road bike gloves (Endura). The Endura gloves are good for waterproofness but I think the lack of a cuff is what is letting them down. I've ridden the winter road bike over winter without numbness with other gloves but the same winter road bike with the Endura gloves I'm getting numbness.

Adam4868

Guru
I bought a pair of these https://www.galibier.cc/product/barrier-deep-winter-cycling-gloves/ as they seemed to have good reviews and have a bit more wrist protection/ cuff than my current road bike gloves (Endura). The Endura gloves are good for waterproofness but I think the lack of a cuff is what is letting them down. I've ridden the winter road bike over winter without numbness with other gloves but the same winter road bike with the Endura gloves I'm getting numbness.
Great company Galibier....I've used and bought stuff from them since they started.Never had any complaints or moans about their products either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Getting the CX bike with as low gears I can get for a rather hilly and long 'sportive' I have planned in May. Currently sports a 46-36 chainset with a 11-32 at the rear (Shimano 5701 mech long cage).

Picked up a cheap £15 - 10 speed Tiagra 11x34 off Wiggle to see if it works - it does, so then ordered a new 34T Shimano chain ring for £13 delivered. Also got a Spare 105 large 46T chainring (Wiggle special for £9). Got approximately 4" less from the changes and a 1-1 ratio, so should be enough for a few 1in 4 climbs - otherwise I'm walking !

Found a spare SRAM 1050 chain too. The spare knobbly wheels will remain on an 11x32 as that's new.

Last edited:

Got back to a nice surprise shoved through my letterbox and well they fit like a glove 👍

20240312_214441.jpg

Alex321

Veteran
A new pair of pedals from Halfords.

Went out for a ride after work, about a mile and a half in, thought "that foot feels wobbly", then realised the pedal was now detached from the spindle. Managed t o get home by keeping my left foot pressed in close to the crank, but that pedal was not going to be repairable - looked like the outer part of the bearings had just gone missing, presumably cracked & fell off.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
While in Halfords this afternoon, I had a rummage through their clearance bin and found this NX flat bar shifter at a price too good (£7.40 with BC discount) not to pick up either as a spare for my ebike or just in case I decide to do another flat bar coversion. Just need a dirt cheap X-Actuation 11 speed rear derailleur now.
New NX Shifter.jpg

ExBrit

Über Member
I have a 25 year old custom Ti road bike that I bought from Ben Serotta in 1999. It came with Campy Chorus 3x10 racing triple. Can't get the bits anymore so I bought a complete Campy Chorus 2x12 groupset for about $1000 and paid the LBS $300 to install it. Nice thing about Campy is the 10, 11, and 12 speed cassettes all fit the same hub. Hopefully I'll get another 25 years out of the bike.

IMG_20240310_090513081_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Naturally, the type of crank matches the type of bottom bracket on the bike. Only a blithering idiot would get swept up in a late-night bargain-hunting frenzy and order an incompatible crank... :whistle:

(Now plans purchase of otherwise unnecessary compatible bike! :banghead:)
I have since bought a Hollowtech II BB, the tools to fit it, a matching drive-side crank, a new chainring, and chainring bolts.

Unfortunately, the bolts are slightly too long so I bought some washers to use as spacers.

The washers arrived today, and... they are too small! The outer diameter is correct but the diameter of the hole is not.

Never mind - I am confident that the installation should be finished by autumn 2026!

postman

Legendary Member
I have a 25 year old custom Ti road bike that I bought from Ben Serotta in 1999. It came with Campy Chorus 3x10 racing triple. Can't get the bits anymore so I bought a complete Campy Chorus 2x12 groupset for about $1000 and paid the LBS $300 to install it. Nice thing about Campy is the 10, 11, and 12 speed cassettes all fit the same hub. Hopefully I'll get another 25 years out of the bike.

View attachment 725505
Love the saddle,it looks well used and shaped.A rather very well known brand with a capital B am i right.

Top Bottom