What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you been snaffling all the silver 11-46 XT's?

3 x SRAM and 1 Tiagra :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not you then. Shame as they were a steal at the sale price

At least you're set for a year or two

2 SRAM 850 12-26 which will suit the road bikes/commuter, Tiagra 12-34 10 speed which will go possibly on the road wheels for the CX to give me an extra inch or two for the Tour de Manc, and a SRAM 1070 11x36 10 speed for the MTB - £80 RRP.

Gwylan

Veteran
A recording rear view WiFi camera.

Stop sniggering Simpkins minor. Not that sort of rear view. But the rugby team seem to appreciate your sister's proportions.

I'm fed up with the kamikaze taxis. Calling me a piece of female anatomy was not nice but adding silly and old was just too much.

The Amazon driver, you know who you are, your days are numbered. That's the last time you miss me whilst checking your groin or was it your phone!

And the red 4x4 Domino man, you'd better tell your insurance company. Or maybe I'll share the file with my mate the benefit investigator.
Watch out the DVLA are back in town.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I've been reet down the CRC rabbithole for the past few weeks; today requiring decisive action.

I've bought loads of little-but-necessary stock bits for next to nowt and at least 50% off; brake and gear cable ferrules, valves, brake pads ,some decent looking shoes and a set of toe clips for 50p.... There remains a lot of other stuff on there I'd like too, however I'm holding off on that as a system develops to hopefully game it for the best price.

It's been carnage on there today.. stuff running out of stock, the site crashing as I was trying to order, prices fluctuating up and down.. I feel a bit bad to be picking the bones but at this point it seems there's nobody of worth left in the company and it's now just the administrators liquidating stock for as much as they can get away with.

A new Garmin Heart rate monitor. My previous Wahoo one corroded apart at the contacts, and the Halfords own brand I had before that started giving ridiculous spurious readings (sometimes as high as 220 - when my max is in the high 170s) whenever the battery got a little low.

View attachment 722215

I can't recall high readings with my Wahoo but it was very prone to corrosion like you say. I swapped to a Polar one when it failed completely, I had brought it back to life a fee times, cleaning the corrosion. Wahoo did send a replacement but reviews said it was likely to happen again so I stuck with the Polar H10 and just use the new Tickr as a spare.

albion

Guru
New undies.

Raining tomorrow so they won't be put on the bike until Sunday.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Ordered a couple of Slime inner tubes. Had a thorn puncture a couple of weeks ago (thank you Mr Lazy Farmer), fortunately only a very slow one, so didn't find it until I wanted to use the bike the following day. The weather recently has been so cold I'm not sure I'd manage to change a tube before my fingers became painfully numb, and as I'm mostly riding solo, and have no rescue available, I thought I'd give them a try on the winter bike.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quite a few bits from Chain Reaction over the past week - some as spares for the cupboard and some for the Triban flat bar project. Even bits I purchased last week at what I thought was a bargain price then have dropped even further since.
Prime DUB compatible Bottom Bracket
Flat handlecar
Lock on grips & bar ends
Short handlebar stem
In line seatpost
3 x Prime GXP compatible bottom brackets (ceramic bearings £12, steel £4)

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
CRC order arrived today; all present and correct. Made a me feel a bit sad for the staff and to an extent company that have, for the most part reliably and consistently given many cyclists an excellent deal... even if it was a bit faceless and corporate at the end, and to the detriment of smaller independent retailers.

Have a bit of a system going now; ordered a packable waterproof jacket today that will do well as an emergency measure for the cycling rucksack and have my eye on some other bits depending on how pricing goes.

Top Bottom