What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8mph

Veteran
Screenshot_20240208_150107.jpg

Bought this Dartmoor Hornet today for £165. I'm hoping to use some of the parts for another build. Bought mainly for the
130mm Manitou Circus fork, 27.5 wheels with 2.25 Nobby Nic tyres.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Some supplies arrived today.

Arrived.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I picked up a pair of Token T55 Zenith track wheels from eBay; I've got the front which goes with my rear track disc. However, I'm currently using son no. 2's 4th choice wheels, which are a battered PlanetX set, so having a nice set would be good. I'd been looking at them previously but £300 was my limit, not the £700 they were priced at. It's my birthday soon, so SWMBO can give those as a present.

Also, I picked up a Campag Record crankset for the fake Guerciotti / 1982 Raleigh Ti - I just need the forks and a headset and I've the full set-up to return it to original.

Dirtyhanz2

EBay bargains
Ergon pC2 pedals I have been curious about these pedals for a few years come up every now and again on EBay but the price as put me off usually go for about £40 I picked these ones up for £9 never used couldn’t turn that price down
Abus 6500 x granite lock for £12

IMG_2627.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have brought my bikes a new friend
Triban (1).jpg

Triban 300 for all of £32 plus £35 worth of diesel to collect it.
The plan is to use a load of spare bits I've been collecting and turning it into an 11 speed 1x flat bar (or possibly fitting bullhorn bars) with mudguards and rack for general pottering around on.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
New heardset for the project build , apparently the forks i have are for cartridge bearings and it had caged bearings inside causing it to wobble even when tight .

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Glasses returned with new lenses from Optilabs.

Making an enquiry / receiving prepaid envelope / returned glasses all within a week which is damn good.

£170 for photochromatic varifocals- a bargain, I think.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with those lenses. I bought glasses with Specsavers photochromatic lenses and they become much too dark, so much so that I can't wear them for cycling. They become so dark in bright light and sunshine that I can't see potholes or anything much in shaded areas. Previously I had some planet X glasses with photochromatic lenses with a prescription insert which were fine, but the frames had reached the end of their useful life, and couldn't justify re-glazing the insert when I needed a new prescription

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'd be interested to know how you get on with those lenses. I bought glasses with Specsavers photochromatic lenses and they become much too dark, so much so that I can't wear them for cycling. They become so dark in bright light and sunshine that I can't see potholes or anything much in shaded areas. Previously I had some planet X glasses with photochromatic lenses with a prescription insert which were fine, but the frames had reached the end of their useful life, and couldn't justify re-glazing the insert when I needed a new prescription

They're identical lenses to the ones they replaced except for the prescription, which I've used from midsummer Mediterranean to midwinter British riding.

I've just come back from a ride in the spring sunshine, they're perfect for me, and I don't think different to the previous. I guess how dark you like your lenses is personal preference.

Last edited:

mikeIow

Guru
Glasses returned with new lenses from Optilabs.

Making an enquiry / receiving prepaid envelope / returned glasses all within a week which is damn good.

£170 for photochromatic varifocals- a bargain, I think.

Bargain!
I once bought some there with flip-up lens.
Turned out it was at a time they were moving to a new design which had smaller depth glasses underneath. They sent the new one, but with varifocal it wasn’t as good. They ‘happily’ redid them in the older frame & told me to just keep the newer one.

Must get a new eye test and glasses this year….sometime!

Top Bottom