What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Reserved and waiting for collection on Monday probably, 2x 7 speed Shimano chains from Halfords, £3.29 each I think.
I was going to get some Wilco taya ones at £3.50 each but there's no stock.

clockworksimon

Über Member
A Humpert Change 2, 1 inch adjustable quill stem from SJS Cycles for £9.99. With a quill length of 180mm, I am hoping to find a comfortable body position for longer rides on my trusty 1995 Orange C16r. My back's been playing up recently. I don't expect it to look cool - the name certainly isn't! However, it's more cool than keeping off the bike for months and turning into an unfit lump. Anticipate that I will need new inner and outer cables this weekend too as the current ones will limit how high I can get the bars. Fettling fun!

Oldfentiger

Veteran
For my Raleigh RX Comp. 15 moths old and done around 1000 miles.

New disc pads front and rear. Organic from Evans
New 46 tooth chainwheel (old one has gone a bit sharks fin). Stronglight from Halfords.
New chain (KMC from Wiggle).

I bought a pair of Fulcrum Racing Sport DB wheels so I have two sets of wheels, the Fulcrums shod with road tyres and the originals with 32mm nobblies.
Front wheel bearings shot, and rear freehub gone notchy. Disappointing Fulcrum original equipment, I think.:thumbsdown:
So new Enduro front wheel bearings bought (Wych Bearings), and new freehub bought (local LBS)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Bought a new front light which is now v cheap on wiggle

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-volt-200-rc-front-light/
Thank you for the link. I have just bought one for myself. I had a Cateye Volt 100 and it was very good but the button stopped working after 6 months or so, but for £12 for the better one, it's worth the risk. When my Moon comes back from being fixed, the Cateye will be fab for Hubster.

Not today but yesterday:
New 12-32 cassette, new chain, new cables. All drive train components cleaned and beautiful and a full service. From my local Halfords who are an exceedingly good bunch of folks. Actually better than my LBS, plus I get 10% off as a BC member.
Bought new Altura waterproof gloves too as the puppy ate one of my Sealskinz. They were only 5 years old and had loads of life left in them :sad:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
cloud_wp_800_400_041.png

Not the loudest of bells but its small, discreet and doesnt take up a huge amount of space on the bar. Quite a functional peice of kit.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
+ the matching socks

dhb-Blok-Short-Sleeve-Jersey-Bolt-Short-Sleeve-Jerseys-Black-Multi-SS17-TW0427-X-S-15.jpg

wifflebat

Regular
Thank you for the link. I have just bought one for myself. I had a Cateye Volt 100 and it was very good but the button stopped working after 6 months or so, but for £12 for the better one, it's worth the risk. When my Moon comes back from being fixed, the Cateye will be fab for Hubster.

I've just dug out my wife's Volt 100 from the garage off her underused bike and found the same problem.
Anyone know if there's a DIY fix?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
My two Smart R1 lights finally arrived from Planet-x. Disappointed that they are the revised versions with no pulse mode.

Had to chase up my order with Planet X this morning, Ordered on the 1st and theyve only just arrived. I think Royal Mail either lost it in the sorting office or just just dumped it somewhere and forgot to post it.

Hmmm, I'll probably keep one as spare and sell the other one on. big LED on it is super bright though. Im actually seeing red rings on my pc monitor as im typing this... blinding!

Also -- bit the bullet and ordered a Kask Mojito

Last edited:

Tom B

Guru
View attachment 341001

Not the loudest of bells but its small, discreet and doesnt take up a huge amount of space on the bar. Quite a functional piece of kit.

I bought one of them a few weeks ago.

Today I've ordered a new BB - I must be doing something wrong - Ive only been getting 3k. So ive ordered a Shimano UN55 rather than pattern parts from sunrace.

Ive also just collected these. Not strickly for the bike, but for cycling
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/boot-dr..._i_en_j_158278526696_s__e__h_9041112_ii__vi__

Not yet convinced they're man enough for the job.

Top Bottom