What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in the process of swapping my parts around with a move away from 8/9 speed to 10/11 speed - so I've lots of parts on eBay. However I've also bought:
  • A Shimano 5800 52/36 crankset for my Wilier Montegrappa build
  • Some Shimano 2300 shifters for my mis-behaving Eastway
  • A pair of Bontrager Anatomic-C 38cm bars for the bike below to convert back
  • A Columbus X-wing cross bike for my son and myself to use:
The plan is that this will be converted back to drop bars with 10 speed shifters, have a Shimano bottom bracket fitted along with a 10 speed rear derailleur. It'll need paint, bars, front and rear derailleurs, bottom bracket, crankset (not got!), but should be fun to chuck around.

s-l1600.jpg

gaz71

Über Member
Moores (my LBS) are doing 3 for 2 on all accessories so i brought a saddle bag,chain cleaner and some gloves.Also got membership to British Cycling from Evans but have to go back there next week to pick up my membership card.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bearings for 4 wheels bought - I've had a series of wheels grinding this week :cursing:

A Selle Seta S1 saddle for the Columbus X-wing cross bike

Two cone spanners for the final wheel I don't have the tools to dismantle.

Domus

Guru
One brake cable and a length of outer. The rear brake was getting very difficult to apply last ride. At one point I thought the lever had seized.
Removed the whole lot and saw evidence of rust in the outer, new stuff bought and fitted. Smooth as a smooth thing with added smoothness.

Bike is less than a year old, perhaps assembled with no lube. I wiped the new cable through some synthetic grease on my fingers when putting it all back together, seems a logical thing to do.

Oh yes bought some new brake pads too.

Tom B

Guru
I've ordered a couple of Shimano hg40 8speed chains from Halfords which should come out at under three quid with bc discount (normally £3,28).

I prefer KMC z8s but these are half price!

Top Bottom