What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sods_Laur

Just recieved a tax rebate so the triban 3 has been spoilt

shimano r501s
spd pedals and shoes
new rear cassette
and a pocket rocket pump.
Me too. A very tidy sum has been put in my bank account. Gonna take the husband to the US for his birthday with the proceeds with a bit left over. The bit left over has been spent on:

Cassette, chain and crankset for my bike build. Think I have pretty much finished getting all the bits. I do need some decent wheels though.

Ian_w

^^^ congratulations, mine wasn't USA trip amount you lucky sod :smile:

Learnincurve

Today I rented my bike a bike locker in town, it's strange actually, saw loads of bikes with really really crappy locks all over the place today when normally you see none, I got mine a locker for £8 for a month but they are only 50p a day so why people wouldn't make use of them I don't know, especially since a lot of them still had bags strapped all over them.

A pair of Park MLP1.2 Master Link pliers.

Having had a few stubborn quick links in the past I parted with 12 of Her Majesties beer tokens and bought one of these tools. There's hardly any weight in them so slip nicely into the Camelbak. I've yet to use them out and about but a quick dry run at home shows them to be a useful bit of kit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPKL4qTT3U

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
A pair of Park MLP1.2 Master Link pliers.

Having had a few stubborn quick links in the past I parted with 12 of Her Majesties beer tokens and bought one of these tools. There's hardly any weight in them so slip nicely into the Camelbak. I've yet to use them out and about but a quick dry run at home shows them to be a useful bit of kit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPKL4qTT3U

I nearly bought one of these a few years ago then I found out that any pliers can be used to open a quick link, having said that, it makes sense to carry these Park Tools pliers with you if they are light enough.

I upgraded my brakes to Dura-Ace....mmmmm, nice ^_^ if anyboody is interested in a set of excellent black Shimano 105 5700 brakes then please send me a pm. (the original pads have lots of life left, just a sign of how little use they have)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Today I have ordered 2 items from amazon. The first item is a new cycling top, and the second is a small (ish) rucksack in red to use when I'm out and about on my bike. I can put water, tablet and repair kit into it as well as a few other things.

Hyslop

Veteran
A set of Mavic Cosmics-pick the bike up tomorrow and,if it happens to be a nice,shiny evening with no rain in sight {some hope] Im going out to play.

U

User33236

Two Planet-x carbon bottle cages for the bike I haven't got yet :smile:

toeknee

Über Member
Mavic aksium wheelset off here, getting fitted today, and ordered 2 elite bottle cages from CRC, hoping they arrive today.

Top Bottom