What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
NOT Ultegra brake callipers.

Wiggle states they had 10+ of each. Waited over a week to find they were put on back order, but it turns out they couldn't get them and didn't think to tell me or refund me.

Website said 10+ all weekend before they finally resolved their issue. No apology or offer of discount off another product.

Missed the cheaper price with another supplier too. :sad:

Only posting, as saw a thread saying Tredz are bad for doing this. Well it turns out that they're not alone!

gelfy666

Über Member
Upgraded my Bird to Sram Eagle drivetrain today

Attachments

• IMG_20170907_165102432.jpg
    IMG_20170907_165102432.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 53

the stupid one

Über Member
Pedals for the mongrel bike. The old plastic ones are a bit ragged, and - with luck! - creaky. I have warned the gentleman in the lbc that I may require some belligerent cranks removing sooner or later.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Bought some single speed parts from velosolo.
New 44t chainring
Chainring bolts
Chain
Bottom bracket
Freewheel tool
Bottom bracket tool
Tube of grease

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Continental Grand Prix 4000S II Folding Tyres, will give these a try.

bpsmith

Veteran
Quality tyres @derrick . Just swapped to Vittoria Corsa's for a bit of a change. My GP4000's were great for over 4,000 miles, with no visits from the unspeakable.

Castelli Alpha Jersey for me. Can't argue with 60% off. :smile:

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Not bought but given a ladys bike last night. A friend has got a new bike on the c2w so was giving it away.

Spent tonight in the garage giving it a good clean and fitting new brake pads and cables.
Unsure what im doing with it yet but may use it as a pub bike ( i dont care if it a ladys frame ).

Hears the finished result:
20170910_214419.jpg

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Reflect360 Gilet from Proviz. I suppose i'll be picking up their jacket soon enough

::EDIT::

Also got some Kool Stop Salmon's and Dura 2's to try out. Dura 2's seem pretty interesting

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Some double cable guides (getting ready for the new back wheel :hyper: ) and a chain cleaning sponge to take the order over free delivery - I doubt it'll work any better than the brush and a cloth for not letting oily muck through onto my fingers, but I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom